Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure (SRE)
Today, CLEAR is well-known as a leader in digital and biometric identification, reducing friction for our members wherever an ID check is needed. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure team to accelerate building and scaling our innovative systems that support our growing identity platform. In this role, you will build the next-generation cloud platform which underpins all systems at CLEAR. The ideal candidate for this role will approach challenges with an eye toward reliability, simplicity, and scalability.
What You Will Do:
- Build the paved-road for all engineers to build and deploy scalable and reliable infrastructure at the click of a button
- Continue to advance our compute platform (Kubernetes) with new functionality and features
- Work across engineering to be a champion for observability best practices
- Be a product owner for our infrastructure, gathering feedback, requirements, and pain-points from across Engineering and building solutions to solve for them
Who You Are:
- A software engineer with deep infrastructure and platform experience
- Experience writing production grade software in a modern language, such as Python
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native design principles in cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Experience with a modern IaC tool, such as Pulumi
- A strong product and user centric mindset
- Desire to continuously improve systems and environments
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $155,555 - $195,000, depending on levels of skills and experience.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of CLEAR’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 13+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.