Chief Financial Officer
Disputify is a fast-growing, well-funded, global startup transforming how consumers and retailers think about refunds.
We're committed to delivering exceptional software and payment solutions that make shopping easier, faster, and more convenient for everyone. If you're interested in being part of a dynamic team shaping the future of retail, we are the place for you.
Disputify is looking for a Chief Financial Officer. This represents a unique opportunity to build a high potential business from the ground up with experienced operators and investors.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will build the Finance foundation of Disputify and manage all financial matters applicable to the company. As a member of the executive team, you will provide strategic guidance to executive leadership and other company stakeholders on all matters of capital raising, business planning / modelling, accounting, tax, major third-party contracts, treasury and compliance. You will also be responsible for establishing the fundamental aspects of a traditional finance function required to support a high growth fintech organisation.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Executive Team, providing hands-on, metrics-driven financial leadership to the Disputify team, investors and partners, accelerating growth and profitability
- Build and develop financial models, formulating the company’s business plan, financial and tax strategies, including external funding, warehouse/trust arrangements and associated reporting.
- Provide the executive team with insights to securely manage investments and improve commercial outcomes, and responsibility for modelling, reporting and board material preparation.
- Management of lending relationships, processes and financial instruments
- Management of all financial systems and processes, including that of third parties where accounting and finance resources have been outsourced.
- Establish the fundamental aspects of a traditional finance function required for a high growth fintech organisation including FP&A, Planning, Budgeting and Financial reporting, Tax, etc.
- Active involvement in sales and commercial deals, including financial modelling and contract negotiations with 3rd parties, suppliers and partners.
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Experience in US Gaap accounting practices, and ensure that compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Operations and other cross functional teams in support of business objectives
- Capital structure optimization, management of related parties and transactions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance required, CPA or CTP preferred
- 10+ years of experience as a CFO or Finance leader with 3-5+ years in Fintech / Start up environment (or venture-backed startups, private equity, or other high-growth and entrepreneurial environments)
- Advanced Excel proficiency with practical experience building and maintaining financial models & knowledge of other reporting software (Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience in raising Series B to pre-IPO rounds
- Mission-driven and self-motivated, with ability to take the initiative with little direction
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders, external partners and internal staff
- An entrepreneurial mindset with excellent organizational skills, the ability to be flexible, & prioritize responsibilities
- Curiosity, willingness to learn, positive attitude, and self-thought mentality
Something looks off?