Senior Sales Engineer
Finicast is an early-stage startup led by experienced industry and venture capital veterans launching the next generation planning platform for business leaders to develop and operationalize their business plans. Finicast makes planning easy, collaborative, and scalable for growing teams that need access to more sophisticated planning and analysis tools but do not have months to train on complex modeling platforms or weeks recreating convoluted Excel workbooks. Our mission is to elevate today’s analysts and leaders with cutting-edge technology to help them gain enterprise-wide intelligence, develop data-driven strategies, and track collaborative execution in today’s fast changing business landscape.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced and ambitious Sales Engineer with a strong track record and a genuine passion for selling technology solutions to senior executives. As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for working closely with AEs to acquire new customers, drive revenue growth through upselling and cross-selling, ensure customer retention, and contribute to the overall success of our sales team and business.
We are looking for someone who is seasoned, hardworking, and highly motivated to achieve outstanding results. Your expertise in selling technology solutions and your ability to build strong relationships by removing the technical barriers/risk in Finicast deal cycles.
You have worked with enough spreadsheets and platforms to want to find a better solution. You will work with a group of diverse finance, rev ops and demand gen/marketing professionals and know how to speak their language. Finicast has built the next generation planning and analysis platform that will define the industry in years to come. Our use cases are focused on business planning for FP&A, Rev Ops and Marketing leaders. As a Senior Sales Engineer, you will get to bring this platform to current and future customers and you will have a seat in helping develop product features you always wanted in past and current roles.
- Understand customer requirements and show the Finicast solution based on their needs. No canned demos, but minimal personalization needed.
- During the solution overview, you are telling our story and the benefits of our solution based on the customer’s business and functional needs. Partner with sales executives with a solution selling approach, into prospect account base and new prospects
- Successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions
- Create and deliver powerful presentations and demos that clearly communicate the uniqueness of the value proposition
- Manage all technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
- Effectively communicate client needs to the R&D teams for future product enhancements
- Collect and document competitive intelligence
- Learn and become an expert in all the product features of the Finicast platform
- Work closely with go-to-market, product and marketing teams to continuously improve the platform
- Develop templates for various finance, sales, workforce management and other business planning and operations use cases
- Work with senior leadership on any ad hoc projects or analysis, including financial, sales, marketing or strategy
- Previous Sales Engineer/Solution Consulting experience at either a planning software company (Anaplan, Adaptive, Planful, Oracle Hyperion, etc) or at a consulting firm where you implemented these solutions with clients
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university.
- 4+ year experience in a highly quantitative role with client interaction such as investment banking, consulting, accounting, or FP&A
- Familiarity with financial statements, spreadsheets, and financial modeling
- Intimate familiarity with scoping out and building complex models
- Experience building or maintaining a business planning platform for a SaaS company in an administrative or consultative capacity
- The ability to translate sales, finance, and business requirements into technical models
- Excellent problem solver using strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with the ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Ability to collaborate across business functions to champion customer’s needs
- Desire to work in a startup environment and pitch in wherever is needed
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Perks & Benefits
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Competitive salary ***
- Early-stage equity package
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health & wellness allowance
- Commute allowance
- Work with growth minded and highly analytical colleagues
*** For U.S. workers, the salary range is expected to be between $125,000 and $170,000.
Competitive salary and benefits will be adjusted to market rates by experience and location. As a global employer, Finicast will consider candidates with legal work authorization at the location where the candidate wishes to be based.
Finicast, Inc. is an E-Verify Employer. Your eligibility to work in the United States will be verified through the E-Verify system if you apply and are selected for a position in the United States.
Finicast proudly upholds equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Come as you are, and together, we can push each other to be the best versions of ourselves.