Sales Team Lead, Expert Assistants (Full-Cycle Sales)
Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA · Remote · Texas, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
MarketerHire’s mission is to make expert marketing accessible to all.
Founded in 2019, we are growing rapidly and are a leader in the talent marketplace, on-demand staffing, and Future of Work categories. Our platform gives companies on-demand access to a global network of expert, pre-vetted marketing talent and is used by early-stage startups, billion-dollar unicorns, and Fortune 100 companies alike. Customers include Netflix, Palantir, Chanel, Allbirds, Lambda School, and thousands more.
We also contribute to the future of work, helping our marketers earn significant additional income while eliminating the hassle and risk of freelancing full-time. By default, all of our engagements are remote, enabling our talent to work anywhere in the world.
At MarketerHire, we’re passionate about building a diverse team. We care deeply about diversity, equality, and inclusion and strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves. Diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, we want to hear from you. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way.
The Sales Team Lead will be responsible for managing Growth Managers on the Expert Assistant sales team and measuring performance across both the team and on an individual level. You will monitor and respond to key performance indicators, to ensure that all team members are performing at optimum levels and maximizing effectiveness and efficiency. This role will begin as player-coach, with roughly half your time spent driving new business and the other half managing the team.
- Train, coach, and manage a team of Growth Managers.
- Lead daily standup call with Growth Managers and 1:1 meetings.
- Research, prospect, educate, qualify, and develop opportunities from new and existing leads via email, LinkedIn, outbound cold-calling, and texting into targeted accounts.
- Capture and close new business and manage your funnel to consistently meet and exceed sales targets.
- Collaborate with the SVP Marketplace and Senior Sales Manager on implementing new processes and workflows across the Expert Assistant sales team.
- Ensure Growth Managers are following all playbooks and new workflows are enforced and adopted in a timely manner.
- First responder for all day-to-day questions and escalations from the team.
- Monitor team and individual Growth Manager performance and strategize with the SVP Marketplace and Senior Sales Manager on how to improve performance.
- Participate in the hiring process and interview Growth Manager candidates.
- Ensure the team is keeping all deals up to date and current in HubSpot (HubSpot or it didn’t happen).
- Work with the SVP Marketplace and Senior Sales Manager to develop effective onboarding, training, and ongoing coaching for the sales team.
- Motivate the team to deliver against monthly and quarterly goals.
- Provide feedback on team performance, recurring issues, and gaps in workflows.
- Celebrate feedback both internal (team) and external (clients and marketers) and take timely action to resolve.
- 3+ years of experience exceeding targets in full-cycle sales roles with at least 1 year of sales/team management experience, ideally in talent marketplace or marketing agency sales.
- You are familiar with marketing as a service, the different types of marketing functions, and what they can each unlock for businesses.
- You are a HubSpot superuser; you know all the ins and outs of the sales CRM.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are highly motivated and continuously strive for personal and professional improvement.
- You exude a positive, confident, and determined demeanor.
- You must have excellent customer service skills, be an exceptional communicator (both written and verbal), and have an outstanding phone presence.
- You have the ability and desire to discover pain points and help customers resolve them.
- You have superhuman time management and organizational skills.
- You are capable of flourishing in a competitive environment.
In the first week, you will:
- Onboard and integrate into MarketerHire.
- Learn MarketerHire’s model, our team members, and our story.
- Begin our sales training process which conveys our value proposition, sales process, and delivery method.
- Become acquainted with the cross-functional teams that you will be working alongside to close new business.
In the first month, you will:
- Complete our sales training program.
- Learn the process for outreach, including calling, texting, emailing, and LinkedIn messaging. Execute outreach process and hit 1-month objectives.
- Learn how to analyze industry drivers, business problems, and target buyers.
- Begin closing new business.
- Begin coaching Growth Managers.
In the first three months, you will:
- Be fully ramped up and integrated into the team.
- Hit call/email quotas and objectives.
- Exhibit a successful track record of developing qualified leads and converting them to contracts.
- Develop and improve Growth Managers’ performance through ongoing coaching.
- Continue to create documentation and expand Sales Playbook as new workflows and processes are introduced.
In the first six months, you will:
- Have successfully driven the sales team to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Exhibit proven history of successfully mentoring, coaching and training the team.
- Continue to drive a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
MarketerHire is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability and genetic information (including family medical history.
We participate in E-Verify and support immigrant and employee rights. Please see the following links for more details.
See more open positions at MarketerHire
Something looks off?