Manager - Partnerships & Enablement
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2023
Who We Are:
We are on a mission to make food deliveries better. Relay is a technology company that is empowering restaurants to take back ownership of their customers and provide an elevated courier service, and, in turn, provides couriers with industry leading pay and flexibility. Relay's proprietary logistics engine is changing how local economies operate and how goods criss-cross through your city. Relay's goal is to bring efficiencies of scale to delivery and push down the cost of delivery for merchants and customers while simultaneously providing a top tier courier experience.
We are based in NYC and currently operate in NYC, NJ, Philadelphia, Miami, Chicago, and Washington DC. We fulfill millions of deliveries a year using our distributed network of couriers. Additionally, our software provides a unified management system for orders across all delivery platforms and a scalable courier force to ensure on-time delivery no matter the circumstance.
Our office is located in Chelsea/Flatiron.
About the Role:
Relay has a deep network of not only restaurant partners but also point-of-sale systems, aggregators, ordering platforms, and more. These channels are crucial to how restaurants operate. Partnering with them allows Relay to maximize the order volume we receive from merchants, and integrate into a restaurant’s existing workflow with ease.
As our partnerships grow deeper and the orders Relay fulfills greater, so have the scope and complexity of our relationships and integrations with these partners. We are building out a world-class Partnerships team to drive mission-critical projects and unblock the next phase of hyper-growth for Relay.
In this role, you will support the Partnerships organization in tackling high-impact business issues that arise at the crossroads of our functional teams. You will be a guiding force to our Partnerships, Implementations, Account Management, and Operations team, working hand-in-hand with Engineering, Product, and Billing. There’s a broad range of unique and exciting business challenges to tackle as we maximize our growth across new and existing restaurant partners.
You’ll work directly with our Head of Partnerships, bringing greater efficiency to the entire operation.
We will invest in your development and do everything we can to make sure this is one of your best professional experiences. We believe joining Relay will be a career-defining choice for employees.
What You'll Do:
- Build processes, automation, and resources both internally and for our direct restaurant partners to troubleshoot integration issues that arise when orders hit (or fail to hit) Relay’s system. This entails properly aligning expectations between what our clients want us to accomplish, and what our team is capable of. This will serve as a strategic course of action that all client-facing parts of our organization can utilize.
- Create SOPs for our “v2” partners concerning support, billing, and customer success. These partners are ordering platforms, versus restaurants. They tap into Relay’s driver network for fulfillment, without Relay actually having a direct relationship with merchants. Picture the existing problems we have with restaurants, but with an additional degree of separation.
- Master the implementation process of onboarding partner restaurants with Relay across available platforms, and identify where, when, and why systems fail, and how best to troubleshoot.
- Collaborate with our Sales, Engineering, Implementation, Operations, and Account Management teams to prioritize problems that need solving, and how best to integrate Relay’s technology into the existing technology of a partner.
Who You Are:
- You are a hustler. You’ll do whatever it takes. No task is too small, no opportunity is too insignificant for you to tackle.
- You are results driven. You prioritize getting the job done over being “on the clock..”
- You can work through ambiguity. Your experience enables you to focus on the most impactful elements and drive clear insights that inform the team’s priorities
- You take ownership. You are comfortable driving projects end-to-end that execute and eliminate blockers, helping you and the company move fast with confidence. You have a strong sense of accountability, pay strong attention to detail, and know when to raise your hand and ask for help
What You Have:
- 3-5 years of experience in a high-performance business environment, with a tech / consulting background
- Prior operating experience at a high-growth startup, or a demonstrated interest in tech, systems design
- Strong attention to detail, responsiveness, sales mentality, big data competency
- Ability to execute with conviction and sound judgment with limited guidance
- Entrepreneurial spirit, team player and independent thinker
What We Offer:
- 💸 Competitive base compensation
- ✈️ Unlimited vacation that we encourage you to take
- 🩹 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 🖥️ All new laptops and IT equipment
- 📈 Compelling employee equity packages plus life insurance and a 401k plan with company matching
- 👋 A hybrid office model for NYC employees with a lively and lighthearted office environment in Flatiron
We want you to love the work that you do, the team that you’re working with, the environment that you’re working in. It is often hard to tell from a job description what working at a company is like, but some reasons why Relay may not be a good fit for you:
- Our mission of helping restaurants and the last mile delivery space does not resonate with you
- You desire a consistent 9-5 job.
- You prefer highly structured, well-defined environments
- You’re uncomfortable with ambiguity or “being the first” in figuring something out
Location Note: This role can be either 100% Remote or a hybrid in-office position, however, we value real-time collaboration in our teams and are prioritizing candidates in the Eastern time zone for remote positions. #BI-Remote
Relay is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity by attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Relay Delivery
Something looks off?