Automation QA Engineer
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfil this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Empower local business owners with an incredible app-based ordering experience that both delights their customers and keeps them coming back for more.
As a member of the QA Automation team, you will create innovative solutions that will challenge your technical skill set. You will work collaboratively with the QA Engineers and Developers to create and execute the automation test cases ensuring the quality of our products before they go live. You will work in a supportive team environment, where initiative and continuous development is encouraged. You will contribute to strategic decision making where QA is a stakeholder, e.g. test approach, go/no-go on release and maintain internal QA Documentation repository on Confluence. This role would work normal business hours.
Your day-to-day team includes a collaborative group of QA Engineers, Developers and a Product Manager working across our offices in Skopje, New York City and Belfast. You will communicate succinctly with a variety of stakeholders in the development cycle and serve as an internal representative, advocate, and expert for QA, contributing that perspective to the company in every way. You will be contributing to a repository of automated tests in response to reported bugs or new features. You will work on your own initiative and provide solutions to technical issues facing the QA team.
The Winning Recipe
We’re looking for creation, maintenance and execution of automation tests as part of an increasingly agile build. These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- 3+ years experience of QA Test Automation using Selenium Webdriver/Appium
- Experience of test execution including raising/tracking bugs and using test management systems (e.g Test Rail)
- Work experience related to the quality of software products (troubleshooting, bug investigations, etc) using Agile practices
- Familiar with tools and approaches for testing Web Services (PAW, SoapUI, Postman) and good understanding of web technology (HTML, browser-based dev tools)
- Familiar with QA staging and production environments, the testing infrastructure and deployment mechanisms (Jenkins, GOCD, Gitlab)
- Understanding of the software development workflow, from developer's keyboard to production servers
- Working knowledge of a development environment in either - Java, Python, Ruby or C#
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Private healthcare insurance
- Flexible Work Environment
- Remote Work
- Wellbeing Program
- Learning and Development Program
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 1-3 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting
- 30 minute hiring manager meeting
- Technical interview & General QA Interview
- 30 minute CTO Meeting