Senior Sales Manager, In-Market
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfill this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Accelerate revenue growth in key markets through the adoption and retention of our core & emerging products designed to help SMBs get the most out of their customers and remain competitive against large national rivals.
As an In-Market Sales Manager, you will be responsible for managing a group of Territory Managers and Slice Register (POS) Sales Reps. The In-Market/Outside Sales teams serve as the face of Slice in educating pizzeria owners on the value of partnering with Slice on our full suite of products to grow their business. You’ll be instrumental in solidifying the foundation of these teams as we prepare for significant expansion in 2024. You’ll help us develop a repeatable sales playbook, and then hire + train new teammates to execute on it reliably. You’ll also partner closely with internal teams like Marketing and Product to share customer feedback and shape the future of our evolving suite of products and services. Finally, you’ll collaborate with the Strategy team to iterate on our pricing strategy, analyze market trends, and provide quantifiable feedback.
You will report to our Head of Global Sales and collaborate closely with our Head of Slice Register and Director of Sales Strategy. You will work closely with leadership & strategic teams, sharing insights to help us continuously refine the sales and operating model of our in-market sales motions. You’ll also partner closely with our Product and Marketing teams to develop our offerings and how we bring them to market.
The Winning Recipe
We're looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual who is comfortable building & managing a growing sales team, operating in ambiguous situations, and collaborating with various cross-functional teams to maximize success.
These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- 5+ years of in-market/outside selling or territory management experience (SMB and/or restaurant-tech industry is a plus, but not required)
- 3+ years of sales management experience (ideally leading a team of in-market/outside sellers)
- Experience building a world class team by coaching and mentoring sales team members as well as hiring, onboarding, and training new team members
- Comfort defining and iterating on sales processes, managing your team’s pipeline, and monitoring funnel metrics
- Ability to provide support to your team in customer meetings and close key deals
- Valid driver's license and vehicle for travel
- Salesforce experience is ideal, not required
- Most importantly, you are excited about selling Slice and sharing our mission every day!
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Flexible PTO
- Market leading medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401K matching up to 4%
- Monthly wellness reimbursement/stipend
- Weekly pizza stipend (Yes, that’s a thing!)
Salary Range: $130-160k OTE + benefits.
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 2-4 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting with Recruiter
- 3 30 min meetings with Head of Register, Director of Sales Strategy, and Inside Sales Manager
- 45 min presentation and mock pitch
Pizza brings people together. Slice is no different. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.