Role and Responsibilities
The Sensory Intern will gain hands on experience in Sensory Science by assisting the Sensory Analyst in the design, organization and execution of sensory tests that support various facets of the Spindrift business. This may include data collection and analysis, report writing, support for product innovation, assisting with sensory retain management, housekeeping responsibilities (inventory, set up and clean up, etc.), and other duties as needed. Throughout the program, the intern may receive special projects designed to help them stretch their knowledge and expose them to new aspects of the field of sensory (example: research to understand the feasibility of a new sensory data collection process).
- Education: Incoming sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student (at least one year of school remaining). All majors encouraged to apply. Food Science and Sensory Science majors are preferred.
- Previous work experience in any field.
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, familiarity with Word and Outlook.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability.
- Ability to be detail oriented, flexible, organized, creative, independent enthusiastic, dependable and driven by excellence.
- Must be able to work 10 to 15 hours per week.
Hourly rate for this position is $20/hr.
Something looks off?