Data Analyst II
IT, Data Science
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
About the Role:
As a Data Analyst II on the Data Science & Analytics team, you play a pivotal role in harnessing data & analytics to provide actionable insights that shape both algorithmic and commercial operator-driven decisions related to pricing, marketing, supply chain, forecasting, and merchandising. These decisions wield significant influence over the company’s financial and strategic trajectory. You will work with a talented team of individuals who are passionate about building a world-class technology platform and creating a unique launchpad for brand success.
- Run exploratory data analysis to identify new business strategies for revenue or profit generation
- Use analytics to build new business-driven overrides into our algorithmic system helping to steer the business without manual intervention
- Analyze customer purchase behavior to determine the drivers of conversion rate and top / bottom performing products relative to the market, informing targeted merchandising improvements
- Proactively monitor our pricing, traffic, inventory and margin levels to identify potential issues, determine root causes, and resolve
- Play a key role in influencing the engineering and data science roadmap and inform the development of our algorithms
- Act as a valuable thought partner to key leaders and help shape and influence their business objectives, measures of success, and priorities
- Determine where to invest in pricing, marketing, or more inventory to support the short-term for long-term growth and build communication plans around the investment strategy
What You Bring to the Party:
- 2+ years work experience in a relevant field
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
- Experience designing and implementing visible, and innovative analytical strategies
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and technical abilities along with problem-solving skills
- Ability to break down an ambiguous problem into manageable parts, drive it to a solution, and explain it clearly to non-experts
- Proficiency with SQL or a structured programming language (aggregate functions, query optimization, database management, stored procedures, string parsing, Vertica/Hive/Presto/Spark, etc.)
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A hybrid work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities, and our Thrasher Perks program with the opportunity to purchase products at cost
The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
We believe that all employees should be paid fairly and equitably. As of the time of this posting, the expected base annual salary range for this position is $92,000-$125,000 . (For non-exempt roles, this reflects the expected base annual “salary” as calculated by the base hourly wage multiplied by the expected number of hours worked over a one year period, excluding any overtime and premiums.) The actual base annual salary will be based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience, as well as business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the base annual salary range information set forth above is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed above may reflect that breadth. If offered a position, the actual base annual salary will be contained in your offer letter.
In addition to the base annual salary listed above, this position is eligible for short-term [and long-term] incentive compensation, as well as benefits, which are subject to the applicable plans, policies and definitive documentation regarding such compensation and benefits.