Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
The Senior Buyer owns the relationship with our suppliers and cross functional coordination for the assigned brand portfolio. In this role you will own the communication and coordination to ensure efficient supply flow to support the demand plan by facilitating component ordering and logistics coordination up through to finished good assembly. Clearly communication the supply plan for cross functional teams to account for follow up process steps.
- Maintaining a collaborative relationship with the suppliers to navigate any issues or challenges
- Negotiate cost and lead times to support demand plans while exploring efficient options to consolidate the workflow
- Collecting and maintaining a database of supplier specific pricing, packaging, product catalog, activities, production capacity, lead times and all relevant information.
- Coordinating supply flow from component ordering through FG assembly
- Review inventory gaps as purchasing plans from the planning team for the new orders, expediting request or order cancelations.
- Create Purchase Orders and Assembly Builds in NetSuite and monitor order progress
- Manage the production plan ready dates closely with the supplier to ensure delivery as per the agreed timeline
- Ensure all requirements for shipping documents and invoicing are met and PO receipts are entered in the system in a timely manner.
- Communicate any delays, issues, challenges and update the Ready to Ship dates to all relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain a filling system for backup documentation including in the ERP
- Identifying opportunities to improve communication and process improvement
- Building partnerships with internal stakeholders (Logistics & Planning)
What You Bring to the Party:
- BS Degree or equivalent in Purchasing, supply chain, logistics, engineering, economics, etc
- 5 years professional experience in purchasing
- Knowledge and experience dealing with global suppliers
- Strong understanding of ERP systems
- Advanced computer skills
- Well-developed communication skills (Bi-lingual a plus)
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for excellence – Thrives in fast paced environments – Exceptionally poised under pressure.
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A hybrid work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities, and our Thrasher Perks program with the opportunity to purchase products at cost
The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
We believe that all employees should be paid fairly and equitably. As of the time of this posting, the expected base annual salary range for this position is $75,000-$90,000. (For non-exempt roles, this reflects the expected base annual “salary” as calculated by the base hourly wage multiplied by the expected number of hours worked over a one year period, excluding any overtime and premiums.) The actual base annual salary will be based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience, as well as business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the base annual salary range information set forth above is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed above may reflect that breadth. If offered a position, the actual base annual salary will be contained in your offer letter.
In addition to the base annual salary listed above, this position is eligible for short-term [and long-term] incentive compensation, as well as benefits, which are subject to the applicable plans, policies and definitive documentation regarding such compensation and benefits.