Head of Tech Ops
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As Head of Tech Ops at Via, you’ll work across Via’s technical teams and business portfolio to drive continuous improvement in our global prioritization, company-wide planning process, and R&D performance. You will set strategy, lead cross-functional initiatives directly impacting Via’s strategic decision-making and delivery to our partners, and own outcomes in areas including operational analyses, process improvement, plan management, new product development and launch, and more.
What you’ll do:
- Own Via’s quarterly R&D planning process and the creation of a consolidated cross-team plan
- Oversee cross-team plan execution to identify dependencies, risks, and issues, and collaborate with technical leadership to problem solve and ensure on-time, quality delivery
- Create reporting and analytics to provide visibility into internal operations, R&D efficacy, and short and long-term resourcing and prioritization decisions
- Design operational strategy and push execution, continuously working to scale processes and systems to drive rapid growth
- Manage Via’s Tech Ops team and foster a collaborative, cohesive, and energetic can-do culture
- Collaborate cross-functionally with executive leaders and stakeholders from across the organization including Product, Engineering, Expansion, and QA to ensure effective execution and achieve core strategic goals across the organization.
- Lead the evaluation and implementation of tools, systems, and methodologies to achieve long-term goals, unlock new value, and set Via up for scale
- Deeply understand Via’s growth objectives, partnerships, tech stack, product, and internal systems to balance trade-offs and make smart decisions on a day-to-day and forward-looking basis
Who you are:
- A strong executor and practical problem-solver, you are detail-oriented and thorough while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- Able to effectively juggle multiple priorities and own large, complex, cross-functional initiatives end-to-end and drive to results
- Collaborative and able to generate buy-in to get things done within a multi-team, multi-geography organization
- Highly analytical and a good communicator. You can not only knock out a complex analysis, but can quickly distill key insights for various groups.
- A savvy and tactful communicator with experience managing complex business relationships; you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Hungry, motivated, and excited for an evolving challenge as we grow the Tech Ops team and function within Via
- Fluent in English (spoken & written)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience, including experience managing a team - Must!
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university, MBA is a plus
- While experience in software and tech is preferred, it is not a requirement; we welcome candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, especially within operations and expansion
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?