Data Infra Team Leader
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Data Infra Team Leader at Via, you will be leading a team of data and backend engineers to revamp our core data infrastructure, while working closely with other engineering and data teams in Via. You’ll take a critical part in our mission to shape the future of transportation, affecting tens of thousands of riders daily worldwide.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the full tech owner of your team’s products
- Growing and mentoring your team members
- Be a hands-on developer in your team - designing, coding, and delivering features to production
- Build highly scalable, efficient and available data platforms, pipelines & solutions, serving our data across the organization and to stakeholders.
- Define standards and development methodologies for the team
- Collaborate with a broad forum of experts and stakeholders, including architects and engineers, to create high quality deliverables
- Increase our analytics capabilities including first, second and third-party data sources
- Monitor data quality, proactively correcting discrepancies ensuring data reliability & accuracy
Who You Are:
- BSc. Computer Science or similar.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a team manager, leading 4+ engineers
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in backend development
- Minimum of 2 years as a Python developer (hands-on)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a data engineer or leading a data engineering team/group
- Independent, responsible, with a true desire to make an impact
- Passionate about software engineering and constantly expanding your knowledge
- Driven by tough challenges, and producing reliable and scalable solutions
- Enthusiastic about code quality, architecture, design, testing, and performance
- Experience with Data streaming, Kafka, Airflow, knowledge in the Amazon ecosystem
- Have a solid background working with data warehousing technologies, such as Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift, Google BigQuery etc.
- Great leadership and interpersonal communication skills, passionate for building and motivating teams to reach their potential
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?