Backend Group Technical Leader
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Backend Technical Leader at Via, you’ll join our R&D center in TLV. The position is to be part of a backend group, working with several development teams as their technical leader. You will be responsible for defining, maintaining and visualizing the design of the domain and the interaction between its components. You will guide, mentor and influence a group of engineers in building an optimized, scalable design, innovate and remove development related roadblocks. You will be part of the group leadership and influence its day to day work
What You’ll Do
- Manage the group technical roadmap
- Collaborate with and mentor the group engineering teams in design and code reviews
- Introduce technologies and take active part in creating POC and innovations in the group
- Hands on work on strategic development tasks and design
- Take active role in product and business discussions to create optimized solutions
Who You Are
- BSc. Computer Science or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional backend / fullstack SW development experience
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership roles (Tech leader / Team leader) experience
- Great communication skills and ability to create plan and lead execution
- Experience in Python (or any other dynamic programming language).
- Have a solid background in object-oriented programming, and client-server architecture
- Familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS or other platforms) and serverless
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines, and methods.
- All-around team player and highly self-motivated independent individual
- Driven by tough challenges, and producing reliable and scalable solutions
- Enthusiastic about code quality, architecture, design, testing, and performance
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?