Workweek is looking for a Brand Partner to help us bring the future of B2B media to life by building truly consultative partnerships with both brands and agencies.
We're looking for a relentlessly motivated and proven seller who loves to get creative with branded and custom partnerships. This person will sell across a variety of B2B content verticals and media channels — from an angel investing podcast to a cannabis newsletter and beyond. This person will need to both leverage existing agency and brand contacts, as well as use cold-outreach, to introduce Workweek to a wide array of brands and advertisers.
As one of the first members of our Partnerships team, this person will have the opportunity to build deep, long-lasting relationships that can grow greatly over time. Given this, you will need to work tirelessly to understand the marketing goals of our partners, then develop creative, tailored campaigns that both meet those goals without sacrificing the authenticity of the Workweek brand.
Ideally, this person prioritizes action over perfection and loves working towards (and beating) revenue goals. Above all, we're looking for a great teammate who's excited to use their sales and partnership skills towards accomplishing our mission — and wants to have a lot of fun doing it.
Note: This is a full-time position. You'll always be able to work remotely wherever you want, but we're planning to open an office in Austin, TX, in the near future for anyone who wants to work IRL. All work will be done in English.
- Develop, pitch, and sell advertising and sponsorships across an array of B2B media products, from newsletters and podcasts to events and reports
- Work to understand each partners' marketing goals, then cohesively weave together multi-platform activations using native content storytelling to reach (and exceed) their KPIs
- Build brand and agency relationships across a wide variety of brands and advertisers
- Collaborate with teammates to campaigns that are both creative and feasible given time and resource constraints
- Forecast, track, and report on sales performance, meeting quarterly goals set by leadership
- 3+ years of digital or integrated media sales experience
- History of meeting and exceeding sales quotas as a result of the sale of complex deals
- Thorough understanding of the full sales cycle and digital media operations (i.e. researching, prospecting, outreach, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals)
- Ability to lead and close an RFP process by creating tailored partner proposals that include: native digital content, audio integrations, long-form content, social media & event sponsorships
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills — you must be able to thoughtfully and efficiently work with others. Creativity is also a must.
- Ability to operate and represent yourself in a way that aligns with Workweek's core values
- Competitive pay (we don't pay based on location, we assign value to the role)
- Equity in Workweek
- Async operations (when possible) with the ability to work in the time zone of your choice (or work IRL in our Austin, TX or New York City office)
- 25 days of PTO (i.e. 200 hours) per year
- 100% health insurance coverage, 75% coverage for dependents, and $150/month towards an HSA (or $150/month health stipend if insurance not used)
- 120 days of parental leave to use within 1 year of childbirth (available 12 months after your start date and only available every 365 days)
- 401(k) plan with 3.5% company match
- Monthly health raffle (if you average 8 hours of sleep per night, you’re entered to win health tools and tech, i.e. Fitbit, Apple Watch, etc.)
- $500/year stipend for any home office needs
- $1,000/year stipend for continuing education
- 5-week sabbatical after 4 years on staff
- 2 volunteering days per year
- 2x/year in-person team retreat
- Unlimited book orders from Amazon
- Want to start a new company? We will be the first investor in your startup if you’ve been with Workweek for 3 years
Note: At Workweek, we’re passionate about building a diverse team. We care deeply about diversity, equality, and inclusion and strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Something looks off?