Associate Events Producer - NYC
Workweek is looking for an experienced Associate Events Producer to help us bring the future of B2B media to life by coordinating in-person events on behalf of the Workweek creators and events team. This person will be reporting directly to the Director, Live Production.
We're looking for a relentlessly motivated and proven Associate Events Producer who can balance the dance between the heavy operational and creative aspects of producing events. This person must be incredibly detail-oriented, a team-player, strongly communicative, willing and able to build and maintain strong vendor & sponsorship relationships, and able to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
As one of the first members of our events team, this person will have the opportunity to work closely with the Director, Live Production position to produce and execute live events.
Ideally, this person is able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help. This person does not need to be nudged or reminded to complete tasks and responsibilities and they are solutions first, resourceful, and relentless in problem-solving.
Above all, we're looking for a great teammate who's excited to use their event producing skills towards accomplishing our mission — and wants to have a lot of fun doing it.
Note: This is a full-time remote position - must be based in the New York City area. All work will be done in English.
This position will be responsible for managing, supporting and/or executing the coordination of various events for the Workweek Creator brands. The role requires strong operational understanding and practical experience in event logistics and venue management.
- Collaborate with the larger Workweek team to organize different types of events for each creator.
- Host discovery calls with creators, community partners and sponsors to learn objectives and requirements for the event.
- Create in depth events based on strategy but pushes the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
- Manage multiple programs/events, across various industry verticals, with creativity, innovation, and strategy, delivering top notch execution.
- Manage budget and offer suggestions to maximize ROI.
- Organize logistics, decor, entertainment, catering and all other event needs
- Ability to recommend event enhancements to achieve desired event objectives
- Work closely with creators, vendors, and sponsors during the event planning process.
- Develop and be responsible for event requirements and deliverables, including but not limited to communications, calendars, registration needs, feedback surveys, and wrap up reports.
- Coordinate with venues and vendors, arranging and overseeing all event details, such as audio and visual, decor, catering, security, entertainment, premiums/swag, and transportation.
- Travel for site visits and creator events.
- 3-5 years of event production experience
- A proactive and positive thinker and a strong contributor to the events team and greater Workweek team.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
- Moves quickly and enjoys having multiple projects going at once but also able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision.
- Effective in respectfully dealing with vendors, venue coordinators, and executive-level talent.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills (via email, phone, and in-person) — you must be able to thoughtfully and efficiently work with others.
- Creativity is also a must.
- Ability to operate and represent yourself in a way that aligns with Workweek's core values
- Competitive pay (we don't pay based on location, we assign value to the role)
- Equity in Workweek
- Async operations (when possible) with the ability to work in the time zone of your choice (or work IRL in our Austin, TX or New York City office)
- 25 days of PTO (i.e. 200 hours) per year
- 100% health insurance coverage, 75% coverage for dependents, and $150/month towards an HSA (or $150/month health stipend if insurance not used)
- 120 days of parental leave to use within 1 year of childbirth (available 12 months after your start date and only available every 365 days)
- 401(k) plan with 3.5% company match
- Monthly health raffle (if you average 8 hours of sleep per night, you’re entered to win health tools and tech, i.e. Fitbit, Apple Watch, etc.)
- $500/year stipend for any home office needs
- $1,000/year stipend for continuing education
- 5-week sabbatical after 4 years on staff
- 2 volunteering days per year
- 2x/year in-person team retreat
- Unlimited book orders from Amazon
- Want to start a new company? We will be the first investor in your startup if you’ve been with Workweek for 3 years
Note: At Workweek, we’re passionate about building a diverse team with unique perspectives. We care deeply about diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. We strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Something looks off?