Director of Marketing, Memberships
Workweek is a media & technology company on a mission to entertain, educate, and connect the business world through unique personalities, unparalleled expertise, and innovative operations.
In short, we do 3 things:
Build media brands around specific business verticals driven by individual content creators (For example, I Hate It Here, an HR media brand driven by content created by our Chief People Officer, Hebba Youssef.)
Host professional communities to foster growth & development for the people in those media brands’ audiences – which in includes producing live & virtual events and educational resources (i.e. toolkits & courses) (For example, the Safe Space community, which is made up of members of the I Hate It Here audience.)
Develop software tools & services for those business verticals based on learnings gathered from the media brands’ audiences & communities. (For example, Krokit, a software tool for the The Wolf of Franchises’ audience.)
Simply put, we help professionals grow in their careers by providing them with the information, network, and tools they need to thrive.
Workweek is seeking a Director of Marketing, Memberships to lead marketing for our professional communities and their corresponding initiatives (i.e. see #2 above – live & virtual events, educational courses, etc.).
This person will lead strategy & execution of marketing for products & initiatives within our communities. This includes developing and managing go-to-market campaigns for new communities we launch, as well as campaigns for smaller, more frequent product launches within existing communities (i.e. announcing upcoming events, new courses and workshops, etc.).
In order to perform this role, the Director of Marketing, Memberships will need to:
- Have deep experience in go-to-market marketing
- Be able to manage a team with diverse skillsets to efficiently complete projects
- Get familiar with the various media brands & their corresponding communities within the Workweek ecosystem
To thrive in this role, you’ll enjoy developing & testing creative GTM strategies, managing diverse groups of people, and be capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. You’ll also enjoy collaborating with expert content creators and learning from their passionate audiences.
All work can be completed remotely, but all work must be done in English and you must be available during the Central Time Zone workday.
- Lead strategic development & execution of marketing campaigns for Workweek’s communities and their corresponding products (i.e. live & virtual events, educational courses, etc.), including development of quarterly marketing calendars for each Workweek community
- Develop & own KPIs for revenue and conversion rates for key initiatives
- Collaborate with leadership & other key stakeholders to align on strategy, cadence, and goals for key initiatives
- Regularly analyze marketing campaign data and apply it to strategic decision-making (i.e. marketing campaign development & changes)
- Manage and build the Memberships Marketing team, which will include content marketers and copywriters
- Experience developing go-to-market marketing campaigns for a diverse product suite, ideally consumer-oriented digital products
- Experience with management of a digital marketing team, coaching & mentorship mindset a plus
- Results-oriented marketer and understands how content can lead to revenue
- Feels comfortable in a fast growing and ever-changing environment
- Competitive pay (we don't pay based on location, we assign value to the role)
- Equity in Workweek
- Async operations (when possible) with the ability to work in the time zone of your choice (or work IRL in our Austin, TX or New York City office)
- 25 days of PTO (i.e. 200 hours) per year
- 100% health insurance coverage, 75% coverage for dependents, and $150/month towards an HSA (or $150/month health stipend if insurance not used)
- 120 days of parental leave to use within 1 year of childbirth (available 12 months after your start date and only available every 365 days)
- 401(k) plan with 3.5% company match
- $500/year stipend for any home office needs
- 5-week sabbatical after 4 years on staff
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Unlimited book orders from Amazon
- Want to start a new company? We will be the first investor in your startup if you’ve been with Workweek for 3 years
Note: At Workweek, we’re passionate about building a diverse team with unique perspectives. We care deeply about diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. We strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves.
If your experience is *this close* to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.