Senior IT Engineer
Bolt is on a mission to democratize commerce. We relentlessly prioritize our retailers—putting their brands front and center while enabling frictionless shopping at any touchpoint in the customer journey. At the center of it all is our rapidly growing universal shopper network—Bolt merchants such as Saks OFF 5TH, Revolve, and Casper can access tens of millions of shoppers, offering them a best-in-class checkout.
And revolutionizing ecommerce is only half of the equation—we’re also transforming the way we work. At Bolt, we have created a work environment where people learn to drive impact, take risks and make big bets, and grow from feedback, all while feeling welcomed and accepted for who they are. Come join us on the adventure today!
The Shopper team’s mission is to build the world’s most seamless, engaging, and rewarding shopping experience powered by a global shopper identity. Our target customers are Shoppers and Enterprise Retailers.
We are on a fast path to take our Bolt shopper network from ~20M to 100M in the next 1-2 years and are always open to new ideas and initiatives that help us achieve this goal. One of the advantages of working in this team is that the team members internally define its product roadmap and you can help shape it.
- Ensure an exceptional level of IT system performance and support to users
- Set a long term strategy and roadmap for IT at Bolt; set and execute on quarterly goals alongside other functions
- Define and manage technical IT projects through the full lifecycle - from user needs to planning to execution, through to deployment and training.
- Implement and monitor essential IT operations, including servers and cloud computing, operating systems, security tools, applications, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Manage IT vendors providing front-end helpdesk support to Bolt, eventually managing an in house team.
- Develop user communications, user guides, and training programs to increase end user computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Develop business continuity procedures, and maintain data backups.
- Develop and manage an overall IT budget that effectively supports Bolt’s IT efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Technology, or related field, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience in IT, 3+ years of supervisory experience managing IT resources.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills and ability to take in and synthesize complex nuanced information from many different perspectives.
- Experience with Windows and MacOS environments, G Suite, Microsoft 365.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical system management, information security management, computer and network hardware, and desktop and cloud software solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for troubleshooting and resolving complex systems issues.
- High level of tolerance and flexibility to address complex cross-functional issues and to reach compromises with key stakeholders
- Proven track record for working independently in a fast-paced startup environment.
Check out our Engineering Blog!
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays, your birthday off!
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
In addition to our core values, Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and expression, genetic information, pregnancy and related conditions, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law. On our mission to democratize commerce, the Bolt platform levels the playing field for everyone. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve (that is, everyone).