Sales Account Executive
ButterflyMX is a rapidly growing proptech startup that makes property access simple for owners, staff, residents, and visitors. Our solutions are relied upon by more than 10,000 multifamily, commercial, student housing, and gated communities worldwide, including those developed, owned and managed by the most trusted names in real estate.
Fantastic people are the key to our success. As a distributed, primarily remote workforce, we’re looking for more intelligent, passionate, collaborative, and down-to-earth individuals to join our growing team. Our culture is transparent and flexible; our benefits range from a 401(k) match to quarterly stipends for self-care. While we work incredibly hard to improve the experience of everyone who lives, works, and visits our communities, we always have time for a good laugh.
ButterflyMX is a sales-oriented company. Here, you’ll find a tight-knit team of dedicated and passionate individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Our team has maintained a 90% retention rate of all Sales Executives for the last three years! We are growing our sales org by 2x this year, and we are looking for hungry Sales Executives who thrive in results-oriented environments and earning commission. If you are motivated, accountable, and have experience cold-calling and closing sales, ButterflyMX is the place for you.
Our cycles run 1-3 months. We offer extensive training to set you up for success and promote you from within. If you are naturally competitive and outcome-driven- we want to hear from you! Want to know more? Here’s a window into working on our sales team!
Ramping Up (90 days)
- If you start off 100% hunting you will be successful
- Roughly 50% of your time prospecting and 50% cold calling
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of sales leads
- Cold call 40+ prospects a day (Regional Property Managers, Commercial Real Estate Developers, and High-density real estate IT Installers)
- Regularly contact, prospect for, and develop new business accounts (cold calling)
- Maintain and grow pipeline without leads from Marketing
- Communicate with sales management regularly on progress
- Develop and build out a defined territory
- Closing deals within the expected sales cycle
- Consistently provide accurate pipeline forecasting
- Conducting product demos via Zoom for clients
- Establish customer relationships that enable you to be viewed as a trusted advisor
- Attend relevant trade shows and conferences with our team in representing ButterflyMX
- You’re an AMAZING storyteller!
- 3+ years of in-office product sales experience (Software, SaaS, B2B, Cloud base services, etc.)
- Results-driven with a singular focus on sales outcomes (not activities)
- Collaborative, communicative, and excited to learn about the people who design, build, install, support, and use our products
- Driven to succeed and close clients
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability for your work and the work of your team
- Enjoy collaborating with people to get work done, but know when to take ownership of a task
- Have strong attention to detail and can spot and fix errors
- Meticulously organized and make sure nothing falls through the cracks
- Work fast but thoughtfully, and make suggestions for efficiencies along the way
- Bonus If…You know how to make Salesforce work for you
- Comprehensive Medical (ButterflyMX covers 90% of the cost) starting day 1
- Dental and Vision plans (ButterflyMX covers 100% of the cost) starting day 1
- 401(k) plan with a match
- 13 paid holidays and 25 days of PTO
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Quarterly self-care stipends
- HealthAdvocacy Program
- Access to optional benefits, including pre-tax flexible healthcare spending accounts (FSA and HSA), Dependent Care FSA, and Commuter Benefits, as well as optional Supplemental Life, AD&D, Hospital Indemnity, Disability, Legal, Accident, Critical Illness, Pet, and Personal Liability Insurance
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment filled with kind, intelligent people who are working hard on an industry-defining product
ButterflyMX is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates and employees. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have the authorization to work in the US to become an employee. Please let our recruiting team know if you need reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process.