Billing & Payables Manager
ButterflyMX is a rapidly growing proptech startup that makes property access simple for owners, staff, residents, and visitors. Our solutions are relied upon by more than 10,000 multifamily, commercial, student housing, and gated communities worldwide, including those developed, owned and managed by the most trusted names in real estate.
Fantastic people are the key to our success. As a distributed, primarily remote workforce, we’re looking for more intelligent, passionate, collaborative, and down-to-earth individuals to join our growing team. Our culture is transparent and flexible; our benefits range from a 401(k) match to quarterly stipends for self-care. While we work incredibly hard to improve the experience of everyone who lives, works, and visits our communities, we always have time for a good laugh.
- Manage and mentor the Billing and Payables team.
- Monitor and proactively provide AR and AP status to Management.
- Ensures invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer accounts are correct with regard to collecting sales tax or exemption certificates.
- Ensure rebates to partners are paid in a timely manner.
- Run month end procedures and direct filing of all reports.
- Actively monitor and work with Sales to resolve all outstanding claims and chargebacks.
- Resolve accounts receivable issues, such as invoice discrepancies and customer overpayments.
- Process customer refunds, credits and invoice adjustments.
- Oversee outgoing payments by ensuring invoices are processed correctly.
- Manage and oversee travel expense processing and reconciliation.
- Collaborate with other teams, functions, and data owners across the company to align on process and data issues and to ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes are implemented.
- At least 6 years experience in a high volume Accounts Receivable function.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 2 years experience in a managerial level.
- A strong desire to be part of a rapidly-growing team and meaningfully influence the future direction of the finance department and organization overall
- Strong attention to detail and goal-oriented; data integrity is paramount
- Must be a multi-tasker who can remain calm under pressure
- Energetic, passionate and positive can-do attitude a must
- Outgoing and empathetic with a client-first mentality
- Experience with Intacct contracts invoices and accounts receivable strongly preferred
- Experience managing a team strongly preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Excel and Word
- Experience with Salesforce and Avalara a plus
- Comprehensive Medical (ButterflyMX covers 90% of the cost) starting day 1
- Dental and Vision plans (ButterflyMX covers 100% of the cost) starting day 1
- 401(k) plan with a match
- 13 paid holidays and 25 days of PTO
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Quarterly self-care stipends
- HealthAdvocacy Program
- Access to optional benefits, including pre-tax flexible healthcare spending accounts (FSA and HSA), Dependent Care FSA, and Commuter Benefits, as well as optional Supplemental Life, AD&D, Hospital Indemnity, Disability, Legal, Accident, Critical Illness, Pet, and Personal Liability Insurance
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment filled with kind, intelligent people who are working hard on an industry-defining product
ButterflyMX is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates and employees. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have the authorization to work in the US to become an employee. Please let our recruiting team know if you need reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process.