Account Executive - Southern California
If you think healthcare is broken, we want you. If you think the solution is marrying old-fashioned clinical expertise and new-fashioned telehealth tech, we need you. At Candid, we’re doctors and data geeks, artists and changemakers, care specialists and tech futurists. As we grow our team, we’re looking for people who are as passionate about their craft as they are about changing lives one smile at a time.
On our team, you’ll help make oral health more affordable and accessible than ever before. We believe a life of candid self-expression is a rich life. And our clear aligner therapy helps people across the country straighten their smiles, grow their confidence, and live as their truest selves.
If you're ready to sharpen your skills, have a huge impact, and help solve healthcare, join us.
As an Account Executive you will apply comprehensive knowledge of CandidPro sales strategies to accelerate revenue and generate higher case volume in your territory. You will be responsible for selling directly to Dentists and Orthodontists, offering clear aligners and innovative digital solutions that make straightening teeth easier, faster, and more accessible – helping practitioners grow their business and increase patient satisfaction. This role will require you to acquire and develop new accounts as well as to develop growth within existing accounts.
This role will cover our Orange County, California territory. Candidates need to be located near Orange Country.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the face of Candid by interfacing with current and prospective partners, driving doctor interactions with your accounts to increase practice growth and clinical confidence
- Use data-driven insights and a consultative selling approach to teach dentists and orthodontists about the benefits of Candid’s Orthodontics-as-a-service clear aligners for their patients and their practice; challenge them to modernize and grow their business; assist them in implementing digital technology and refine office processes
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and yearly sales targets
- Manage a defined geography of accounts (that may change from time-to-time) to grow the business; onboard new high potential accounts
- Regularly conduct study clubs, lunch and learns, cold calls, doctor peer-to-peer dinners and attend various industry trade shows and events in your territory
- Provide initial and ongoing education and training to dentists, orthodontists and their staff to drive clinical confidence in Candid, our team, our product and themselves
- Develop and execute a sales plan, based on understanding the potential in each account in the defined geography.
- Communicate cross-functionally (e.g., doctor, treatment planner, clinical assistant, education, marketing, product development) to develop an in-depth understanding of the business needs to clearly articulate fit with Candid’s product, digital platform, and solution capabilities
- Be creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently with a high sense of urgency
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 5 years outside business-to-business (B2B) sales experience. Industry experience selling a medical device, capital equipment, dental, orthodontic, or other relevant B2B experience preferred
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals
- Valid driver’s license
- Business & Marketing knowledge: Ability & comfort having business discussions (Cash Flow Analysis, ROI, P&L) and asking the right business questions
- Comfort with having clinical discussions regarding Candid products
- Travel Requirements – extensive travel required within your region, including ~60% overnight travel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google applications. Experience with a CRM system, Salesforce preferred
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Candid’s success
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Work from home stipend
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision) and generous parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
- Care Deeply - We succeed when we care about what we do. We go the extra mile for our patients, our partners, and for each other because what we do matters, and the care we put into it matters even more.
- Drive Results - Results matter. From closing a tooth gap to opening a new account—we set clear intentions, align around measurable goals, and take accountability for the outcomes.
- Commit to Growth - To change the face of oral health care, we have to keep growing—as individuals, as teams, and as a company. We approach problems with a beginner’s mindset and continuously pursue improvement.
- Embrace Candor - To create the environment we want to be a part of, we have to stay aligned—that means elevating each other and our partners through honest, respectful feedback, and fostering a culture of inquiry and debate.
- Work as One - Together, we have the ability, experience, and intuition to serve our partners and grow our business. When we work as a team, we draw on each other’s strengths, inspire new solutions, and share in our success.
Our patients and colleagues come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment and hire great talent that is equally diverse; not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but it makes our company, our products, and our culture that much better. If you share our values and passion, apply and see what we’re all about.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.
Something looks off?