Area Sales Director - West
If you think healthcare is broken, we want you. If you think the solution is marrying old-fashioned clinical expertise and new-fashioned telehealth tech, we need you. At Candid, we’re doctors and data geeks, artists and changemakers, care specialists and tech futurists. As we grow our team, we’re looking for people who are as passionate about their craft as they are about changing lives one smile at a time.
On our team, you’ll help make oral health more affordable and accessible than ever before. We believe a life of candid self-expression is a rich life. And our clear aligner therapy helps people across the country straighten their smiles, grow their confidence, and live as their truest selves.
If you're ready to sharpen your skills, have a huge impact, and help solve healthcare, join us.
Your mission as an Area Sales Director is to lead and manage the West region for Candid, reporting to the Vice President of Sales. In this role, you will manage and provide leadership for territory Account Executives while driving revenue growth through new account acquisition and existing account development. You will manage, coach, develop, and lead a team of talented diverse account/territory managers who help dental and orthodontic practitioners grow their business and increase patient satisfaction. You will develop, communicate, and execute business plans while collaborating with key stakeholders, foster inclusivity, champion diversity, and help territory managers achieve exponential growth.
To be successful in this role, you will exhibit leadership of the region and leadership within the organization by setting a standard of excellence through clear goals and expectations. You will also have a proven track record of inspiring and leading teams to meet or exceed expectations and goals.
What You’ll Do
- Motivate and inspire Account Executives to achieve targets, develop effective sales plans, strategies and remove obstacles/barriers for success and sales targets in the West area
- Recruit and hire effectively to build a high performing team. Strategically evaluate talent on the team and develop plans for retention. Create an environment that encourages professional growth, fosters inclusivity, and value among team
- Ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives and deadlines assigned to the Region
- Deploy specific resources, initiatives and programs important to the Region’s success
- Own the P&L for the region, managing growth of top line revenue as well as Regional operating expenses, to positive net income growth
- Demonstrate initiative and operate with a sense of urgency to communicate regularly with directors and colleagues to contribute to a cohesive team environment
- Proactively communicate with the Vice President of Sales on a routine basis to discuss/share ideas and challenges impacting the Region
- Develop and maintain solid customer relationships with key executives, decision-influencers and decision-makers at major centers, clinics, and other accounts.
- Plan, track, reinforce, and document measures of sales force effectiveness (i.e., adherence to strategy, tactical implementation, program planning, proper use of funds, reach and frequency on targets, etc.) and performance at the regional level in order to meet National sales objectives.
- Provide feedback and coaching to sales team, responsible for enhancing their selling skills, developing expert product and disease state knowledge, customer focus and increasing skills in time management and resource allocation.
- Analyze and coordinate activities resulting from identified industry trends, competitor’s resources, and practices
- Lead local meetings within the region
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 5-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Prior experience as a Region or District Sales Manager in Pharmaceutical or Medical Device sales leading territory-level sales representatives, or equivalent experience in leading across matrix teams is highly desirable
- Successful track record of selecting, developing, and retaining talented individuals
- Proven track record of success in all respects of selling, i.e., technical knowledge, selling techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, and an in-depth understanding of medical field
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills and influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to successfully communicate business direction and vision to the regional team
- Documented record of accomplishment of performance, achievement, and excellence in sales and sales management
- Experience managing a successful product launch with documented success and/or product turnaround is a plus.
- Industry knowledge: Orthodontic & Clinical experience preferred
- Proficient with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Experience managing a Regional budget
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Valid driver’s license
- Travel Requirements – extensive travel required within your region, including ~ 40-60% overnight travel
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Candid’s success
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Work from home stipend
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision) and generous parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
- Care Deeply - We succeed when we care about what we do. We go the extra mile for our patients, our partners, and for each other because what we do matters, and the care we put into it matters even more.
- Drive Results - Results matter. From closing a tooth gap to opening a new account—we set clear intentions, align around measurable goals, and take accountability for the outcomes.
- Commit to Growth - To change the face of oral health care, we have to keep growing—as individuals, as teams, and as a company. We approach problems with a beginner’s mindset and continuously pursue improvement.
- Embrace Candor - To create the environment we want to be a part of, we have to stay aligned—that means elevating each other and our partners through honest, respectful feedback, and fostering a culture of inquiry and debate.
- Work as One - Together, we have the ability, experience, and intuition to serve our partners and grow our business. When we work as a team, we draw on each other’s strengths, inspire new solutions, and share in our success.
Our patients and colleagues come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment and hire great talent that is equally diverse; not simply because it’s the right thing to do, but it makes our company, our products, and our culture that much better. If you share our values and passion, apply and see what we’re all about.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.