Sr. Financial Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2022
Cents is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming the laundry industry and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Cents is modernizing the garment care businesses by providing an all in one business in a box platform to help operators start, manage, and grow their business. By building a SaaS (software as a service) product for this industry, our goal is to outsource America’s laundry day to the local laundromats.
About the Role
FP&A plays an integral role in shaping decisions that drive Cent’s growth. You will gain exposure to key stakeholders (including the Exec Team) and will see the impact of your contributions on the Company's strategy across all departments: finance, product, marketing and more. You will own complex analyses, reporting, and models that influence strategic business decisions. This is a senior position within our finance department and will report directly to the CFO.
Strategy and forecasting
- Build sophisticated financial models to evaluate trade-offs associated with key business decisions, and size financial impact of contemplated launches or product changes
- Forecast and analyze financial performance, and communicate important takeaways to senior team members through regular performance review meetings
- Update income statement and balance sheet as required for accurate forecasting
- Collaborate with a cross-functional stakeholder group in a fast-paced environment
- Manage budgeting, ad-hoc analyses and special projects as requested related to our performance/metrics, P&L analysis, among other topics
- Perform data quality analysis and system performance checks across different systems (ERP, CRMs, billing systems, etc.)
- Test the data quality available in the information systems and provide solutions to improve or fix it.
- Conduct periodic reconciliations & data manipulation to ensure accurate reporting of financial data.
- Aid in building and maintaining a finance dashboard which will be used to analyze actuals and explain trends / variances.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in FP&A, Banking, Consulting, Audit or a similar position with demonstrated knowledge of forecasting, planning, and financial statement analysis
What gives you an edge
- Experience working in SaaS or a payments business that is sold in conjunction with hardware
- Advanced knowledge in MS-Excel and have experience leaning into new systems
- Experience with an ERP/Accounting software, understand GAAP
- Ability to tell a story with data, that creates insight and action
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Consolidation experience
- Planning system implementations
- Take ownership of work output and have keen attention to detail
- Team player
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive compensation packages, comprehensive health benefits, & believe in a strong cohesive team atmosphere. Work from home office stipend, virtual team events, and access to learning opportunities from our team and network of advisors, investors, etc.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
See more open positions at Cents
Something looks off?