Engineering Manager, Application Platform
We are seeking a strategically-minded, technology-focused and customer-centric software development leader to lead our Application Platform team. As an Engineering Leader, you will be responsible for leading a software engineering team in the design and development of frameworks, patterns, practices, and shared services that power CLEAR. A successful candidate will have well-established software development experience, be a strong communicator, able to run a program from inception to delivery, and be motivated to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a history of building platforms and frameworks that are used by internal engineering teams.
What you'll do:
- Hire, develop and grow engineering talent by providing career growth support, effective feedback, and performance reviews
- Partner with engineering leaders across the organization to define a comprehensive roadmap, driving our cloud infrastructure forward
- Foster a culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and articulate risks and benefits to other less experienced members of the team
- Drive engineering and operational excellence by demonstrating strong ownership of metrics and goal-setting grounded in data; implement best practices in testing, documentation, and observability
What you're great at:
- Strong experience with Java or another JVM-based programming language
- Experience with building distributed systems. Understanding of consensus algorithms, CAP theorem, and other key distributed system concepts
- Experience building frameworks and platforms that allow other Software Engineers to move faster
- Experience with testing, including load and chaos testing
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Able to build, manage, and work with multiple teams to achieve defined goals
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $190,000 - $235,000, depending on levels of skills and experience.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of CLEAR’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 15+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.