Principal Software Engineer, Data Engineering
As a Principal Engineer for our Data Platform team, you will be responsible for modernizing our data platform and practice. You will play a critical role in selecting and implementing technology, which we will use across CLEAR to make data-driven decisions, build a best-in-class product, and enable future ML/AI use cases. You will work cross-functionally with multiple engineering teams, providing leadership and advice and helping teams integrate with the data platform. Additionally, you will be a crucial partner to various teams across CLEAR, including Business Intelligence, Product Management, Security, and more.
What you'll do:
- Build partnerships with teams across CLEAR to ensure data solutions solve current and future use cases
- Drive the migration to a modern data stack in which Analysts and Engineers can self-service changes in an automated, tested, and high-quality manner
- Build data governance solutions into every part of the platform
- Evangelize data and its use across CLEAR to make our decisions and products smarter
What you're great at:
- 10+ years of professional experience as a Data Engineer, focusing on building scalable data solutions
- Experience with a modern programming language, such as Python
- Building a modern datastack, using tools such as dbt, Dagster, Airflow, Snowflake, et cetera
- Experienced with RDBMS, NoSQL, and real-time streaming systems like Kafka or Pulsar
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences, manage up, down, and across
- Have worked with or built a data governance program
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $225,000 - $260,000, depending on levels of skills and experience.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of CLEAR’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 15+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.