Head of Cyber Defense
We’re seeking a leader to head our cyber operation teams. In this role, you’ll report to the Chief Security Officer, with visibility and accountability to our executive leadership team, as well as our customers.
What you'll do:
- Lead analysis operations including incident response, detection engineering, threat hunting, vulnerability management, threat intelligence, SOAR
- Collaborate with multiple security teams within CLEAR to provide seamless support to securely enable business functions
- Evaluate, design, deploy, support, and monitor cyber security systems
- Identify security exposures and develop mitigation plans
- Lead and manage security incident response activities and forensic investigations
- Lead the implementation of best-practice security procedures, standards, and guidelines
How you'll measure success:
- Develop strong relationships with security and engineering leadership
- Lead, coach and mentor Cyber Defence and Cyber Operations team cohesively
- Formally track, measure and report on CLEAR’s Cyber Security KPIs
What you're great at:
- 8+ years of hands on cyber experience
- 5+ years managing technical teams, ideally distributed
- Demonstrated ability to influence peers and senior leaders and communicate complex problems and solutions to a global workforce
- Proven experience securing AWS and/or GCP environments
- You thrive in environments that require both tactical and strategic ownership and have a high accountability and integrity mindset
- Preferred but not required, certification in one of the following; CISSP, CISM, CISA,
- Demonstrable expertise in:
- Linux / Windows / workstation / API / container / mobile device security hardening
- Understanding Cloud Security best practices
- External Regulatory compliance knowledge, specifically FISMA (NIST 800-53)
- Experience researching, implementing, and administration of security infrastructure:
- E.g. Logging, IPS, SIEM, EDR, CASB, Vulnerability Scanners, Identity Solutions, DLP, etc.
- Cloud-based IaaS/PaaS knowledge and understanding (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- File integrity monitoring, data loss prevention, and network access control
- Event log aggregation and analysis
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $240,000 - $280,000, depending on levels of skills and experience.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of CLEAR’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 15+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.