Senior Director, Public Affairs & Communications
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
The Senior Director, Public Affairs and Communications will play an integral role within the Public Affairs function and across the organization. Reporting into the Head of Public Affairs, this position will support external communications and press management to drive CLEAR's strategy and initiatives consistently and flawlessly.
What you'll do:
- Develop creative public affairs and communications strategies, narratives and plans that align with CLEAR's goals and best utilizes our assets and resources
- Work collaboratively across the organization to understand from the bottom up the Company's offerings, audiences and growth path to inform and develop these public affairs and communications strategies
- Develop long-term relationships, pitch original story ideas and mitigate crisis situations with a diverse range of media
- Work with the Public Affairs team to execute a full range of activities including messaging, content, social media, advertising and events that are aimed at engaging elected officials and the policy community
- Regularly consult with and advise members of the senior management team on all communications matters and provide functional assistance to support their needs
- Write and/or oversee the production of materials such as messaging, talking points, FAQs, press releases, op-eds, reports, memos, and presentations
Who You Are:
- 8-10+ years of experience in conceiving, leading and implementing proactive, creative and comprehensive communications/public affairs campaigns
- Robust relationships with business and technology media
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- An understanding of how to position others as thought leaders before the media, government officials, and key stakeholders.
- The ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- A record of creating and managing complex communications plans
- A creative mind and a goal-oriented mindset
- Ability to thrive in an environment where structure and flexibility combine
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 15+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.