Senior Engineering Manager
We are seeking a strategically-minded, technology-focused and customer-centric software development leader. As a Senior Engineering Leader in our Austin office, you will be responsible for leading software engineering teams in the design, development, testing, and deployment of our products which are used to deliver frictionless experiences to millions of members. A successful candidate will have well-established software development experience, be a strong communicator, able to run a program from inception to delivery, have managed managers, and be motivated to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a history of helping to deliver well-architected, highly-available, and flexible technology platforms capable of accommodating high rates of growth and rapid iteration.
What you'll do:
- Hire, develop and grow engineering talent by providing career growth support, effective feedback, and performance reviews
- Lead and drive team ceremonies and strategic roadmapping, while maintaining a high level of collaboration and communication
- Partner with business stakeholders & product managers to form requirements, priorities, and processes
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and can articulate risks and benefits to other less experienced members of the team
- Drive engineering and operational excellence by demonstrating strong ownership of metrics and goal-setting grounded in data; implement best practices in testing, documentation, and observability
What you're great at:
- Have worked of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, maintenance, architecture and design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with modern object-oriented languages, design patterns and best practices
- Experience in building cloud native applications
- Able to build, manage, and work with multiple teams to achieve defined goals
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. Base salary is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units.
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 15+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.
CLEAR provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or protected needs. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include, but are not limited to, time off, extra breaks, making a change to the application process or work procedures, policy exceptions, providing documents in an alternative format, live captioning or using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.