Senior Manager, Business Development
The Senior Manager, Business Development will build and execute on CLEAR’s go-to-market strategy for partnering with intermediary and adjacent parties in the fintech ecosystem, including but not limited to embedded fintechs, orchestrators and banking cores, referral and channel partners, and influencers such as sponsor banks to grow CLEAR’s networked identity business. In this role, you will act as a hybrid between partnerships and business development, navigating the complex fintech landscape to generate opportunities, negotiate and sign deals, and expand CLEAR’s presence in fintech.
What you'll do:
- Own and develop both strategy and execution for CLEAR’s expansion into fintech by driving go-to-market sales strategy, product enhancements & feedback, and pipeline management
- Pursue and ink partnerships with embedded fintech services (i.e. banking as a service, payment rails, etc.)
- Sign, activate, and expand channel partners, such as orchestration platforms and banking cores, making it easier for customer-facing partners to use CLEAR for their KYC needs
- Liaise with sponsor banks, compliance advisors and consultants, and other influencing parties to build systemic buy-in for our networked model for KYC and identity
- Build CLEAR’s footprint within the fintech ecosystem through events, content, and thought leadership
How you'll measure success:
- Total contract value, annual contract value, and bookings signed, either directly or through channels that you sign and activate
- Activated commercial relationships established with key stakeholders in the fintech ecosystem—orchestrators, embedded fintechs, sponsor banks
What you're great at:
- 7+ years of experience in business development at SaaS companies selling into financial institutions and fintechs, with a strong preference for experience in both sales and partnerships roles and prior startup experience
- Deeply understanding financial services and financial technology—the different players, their products and how they all fit together, and each party’s business model
- Demonstrated track record of owning and achieving revenue targets
- Comfort navigating many stakeholders, negotiating complex deal structures, activating partners, and keeping all parties accountable
- Have a strong network in fintech and are an elite relationship builder
- Passionate about building an organization and product from the ground-up
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $100,000 - $120,000, depending on levels of skills and experience.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of CLEAR’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With nearly 19 million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.
CLEAR provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or protected needs. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include, but are not limited to, time off, extra breaks, making a change to the application process or work procedures, policy exceptions, providing documents in an alternative format, live captioning or using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.