Director of Engineering, Members
As the Director of our Members Engineering group, you will lead the team that delivers delightful frictionless consumer experiences to our CLEAR customers. You will oversee membership and support experiences, subscription and payment platforms, and biometrics which power the magic of CLEAR. You will define strategy and provide hands-on leadership for the critical work streams within these areas. You will establish mechanisms for ensuring high-quality technical decisions, grow a team of strong leaders, and foster a high-performing organization. You will partner closely with Product, Security, and Engineering Leadership, ensuring we are building security and compliance into every aspect of our platform.
What you'll do:
- Define the strategy and roadmap for the technical platforms which power CLEAR
- Lead a group of Engineering Managers and Staff+ level Engineers, focusing on their career development and performance
- Work with Product, Security, and Engineering leadership to ensure strategic alignment
- Partner with our CRM, payments, and billing integration vendors to ensure cost-effective and optimized solutions
- Drive Engineering and Operational Excellence across the organization, defining the engineering bar
What you're great at:
- Leading consumer and platform engineering teams, managing managers, and leading organizations of 20+
- Driving large-scale platform initiatives, including large-scale vendor migrations
- Defining high-leverage solutions to raise the engineering excellence bar
- Building and maintaining a high-performance culture
- Owning initiatives, outcomes, and results
How You'll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $230,000 - $270,000, depending on levels of skills and experience.
The base salary range represents the low and high end of CLEAR’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEAR’s total compensation package for employees and other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With nearly 19 million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.
CLEAR provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or protected needs. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include, but are not limited to, time off, extra breaks, making a change to the application process or work procedures, policy exceptions, providing documents in an alternative format, live captioning or using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.