Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics
Disco is building a collaborative commerce platform that enables brands to partner effectively, acquire customers efficiently, and scale faster. We help premium DTC companies like The Honest Company, Rhone, Lovevery, Glamnetic, and Made In work together to accelerate growth in a cost-efficient manner, especially in light of regulatory and platform changes (e.g. cookie deprecation, iOS changes). Our ecosystem of independent ecommerce brands utilize Disco to #GrowTogether outside of traditional marketing channels (e.g. Facebook and Google), while also benefiting from unique insights and information content that Disco offers its brands.
We've raised $26 million in funding from established investors (Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Shopify, Sugar Capital, RiverPark Ventures, and Indicator Ventures), to help merchants reduce their reliance on big tech platforms like Amazon and Facebook for customer acquisition and distribution. Since 2021, we have expanded our network to 1000+ brands, serving product recommendations to 50M+ shoppers & supporting $10B in e-commerce transactions.
What we are looking for:
As Manager, Business Intelligence & Analytics, you will establish the Business Analytics function at Disco for the next chapter of revenue and company growth. The ability to intimately understand the performance of Disco’s products and business lines in a quantitative manner is essential for effective decision making. The insights and in-depth behaviors you identify will directly be applied to product roadmaps and company level strategy. You’ll routinely communicate the insights you generate across the company and to Disco’s Founder/CEO. While hands-on application of the Analytics craft is required, this is a technical role, an ideal candidate is excited to grow a team as the company grows.
If you have a passion for data and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- You’re a builder. Enter an environment of high ambiguity, with few dependencies in place, and foster a thriving Analytics function that fundamentally alters the trajectory of Disco.
- Own Business Analytics roadmap, generate and present analytics insights that directly shape strategic company investments with fellow company leaders and the executive team.
- Foster a strong culture of experimentation by leading ideation, definition, measurement, and guidance based on results.
- Conduct in-depth user behavior analysis that brings to light new opportunities to better serve our Disco and Customer needs.
- Mentor other members of the team to foster best analytical practices and establish a curious, collaborative team.
- You have hands-on experience building a Business Analytics function from scratch that powered transformative results in at least one high growth software company (e.g. working directly with data engineering)
- You have extensive experience with data manipulation and statistical programming languages and cloud data environments (e.g. AWS, Snowflake)
- You have a proven track record of influencing without authority, acquiring the data you need and utilizing data to share compelling stories and strengthen decision confidence.
- You have exceptionally strong references from cross-functional partners that you’ve collaborated with (e.g. Commercial Leader, Company Executives, and Product Managers, Data Engineering, etc.)
- Ideally you have experience with an internal data reporting platform (Disco uses Looker today)
- Ideally you have Business or Growth Analytics experience in the domain of advertising, marketing, and/or e-commerce.
* We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 12 Holidays + 4th of July Week Closure & Christmas/New Years Week Closure
- 4 DisConnect Days including your birthday
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- $250 Monthly Flexible Lifestyle Spending Stipend (ie. Cell Phone & Internet, Wellness & Fitness, Disco Branded Products, We Work Pass, etc.)
- $127 Monthly Commuter Benefit
- $500 for Home Office Setup
- Weekly Lunch Provided in SF & NYC Offices Monday - Thursday
Something looks off?