Senior Data Scientist
Disco is building a collaborative commerce platform that enables brands to partner effectively, acquire customers efficiently, and scale faster. We help premium DTC companies like The Honest Company, True Classic, Lovevery, Sol de Janeiro, and Caraway work together to accelerate growth in a cost-efficient manner, especially in light of regulatory and platform changes (e.g., cookie deprecation, iOS changes). Our ecosystem of independent ecommerce brands utilize Disco to #GrowTogether outside of traditional marketing channels (e.g. Facebook and Google), while also benefiting from unique insights and information content that Disco offers its brands.
We've raised $26 million in funding from established investors (Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Shopify, Sugar Capital, RiverPark Ventures, and Indicator Ventures), to help merchants reduce their reliance on big tech platforms like Amazon and Facebook for customer acquisition and distribution. Since 2021, we have expanded our network to 1000+ brands, serving product recommendations to 90M+ shoppers & supporting $30B in e-commerce transactions.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team at Disco Technology! We build customer-facing experiences tailored to help Shoppers find the products they are interested in online, along with powerful tools for brands to empower growth, scale, and stability within e-commerce. As a Data Scientist at Disco Technology, you will take a technical leadership role and work as part of a world-class, multi-disciplinary team to work on the core technology that powers Disco's recommendations and full product suite.
You'll be joining an extremely diverse and distributed team that emphasizes efficiency and collaboration. We expect you to be self-motivated, inquisitive, and passionate about building and applying new technology to evolving data needs.
Candidates with ranking and recommendation experience in e-commerce, advertising, or auctions are encouraged to apply.
What you bring
- You are passionate about delivering data-driven insights at startup speeds
- You are curious, communicative, and have conviction, while also being flexible
- You have a strong sense of accountability and love big challenges
- You hold yourself and others to high technical standards
- You have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide feedback
- You are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor
What you will do
- Analyze and manipulate data to identify product improvements and revenue opportunities
- Determine new ways of capturing and analyzing data to help grow the business
- Create data visualizations and present actionable insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Compare models using statistical performance metrics and pinpoint improvements
- Evaluate experiments to measure the impact of new initiatives
- Communicate and document data requirements and processes
- Partner with internal teams, especially Product and Machine Learning to evolve and develop our data platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product, Marketing, Finance, and Sales to turn business questions into data problems
- Examine and prioritize which questions need answering and how to do so
- Stay current on industry developments and serve as an analytical and technical thought partner for stakeholders
What you already have
- BA/BS in a quantitative field (such as Engineering, Science, or Mathematics) or work experience a related position or field
- Experience working with multiple data platform components, including data visualization/reporting tools (Looker, Tableau), data transformation systems (Dagster, dbt), and data warehouses (such as Snowflake)
- Experience with SQL and relational database modeling
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage project timelines
- Understanding of online advertising ecosystem and performance metrics
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 12 Holidays + Christmas-New Years Holiday Closure (10 Days)
- 3 DisConnect Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- $250 Monthly Flexible Lifestyle Spending Stipend (i.e., Cell Phone & Internet, Wellness & Fitness, Disco Branded Products, We Work Pass, etc.)
- $127 Monthly Commuter Benefit
- $500 for Home Office Setup
- Weekly Lunch Provided in SF & NYC Offices Monday - Thursday