Principal Backend Engineer
We are looking for a Principal Backend Engineer to join our R&D team in developing the new rising product in the health landscape.
As a Principal Backend Engineer at Lumen, you will have an impact on how we architect, build, scale, and maintain our backend systems. You will provide technical guidance and mentorship to other engineers on the team, help establish and maintain best practices for development, and participate in the development of the company’s technological roadmap. You’ll solve complex engineering challenges and drive engineering excellence in a dynamic environment and rapidly increasing scale.
Our ideal candidate has a real passion for making a positive change in the world, for technology and customers, has great communication skills, and loves to constantly improve themselves, our working practices, and our code base.
This is a great opportunity to join the core team of a growing successful startup and work with the most advanced technologies.
- Lead/Participate in system design and architecture discussions.
- Implement and own infrastructure and features; be involved and impact the entire product lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and production support).
- Teach, mentor, grow, and provide advice to other domain experts, individual contributors.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of our technical challenges and strive to improve them.
- Play a central role in technical, business, and organizational contributions.
- Be a vocal advocate for technical excellence and help the team members make sound decisions.
- Work with product managers, data scientists, and other team members to understand the desired requirements and provide your feedback to improve the outcome of the feature.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years experience in server-side development (Java/Kotlin - advantage).
- Strong experience in cloud-native technologies, such as Kubernetes, and running workloads on public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience in creating highly scalable system architecture designs and providing review/feedback on designs.
- Experience handling a complex large scale system.
- Experience with DB design and query optimization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-driven with superior organizational and project management skills.
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent practical experience - advantage.
- Knowledge of nutrition/metabolism/health - advantage.