Director of Machine Learning
📍 Narvar Hybrid Eligible locations: Atlanta, GA | Austin, TX | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | London, UK | Bangalore, India | Tokyo, Japan
Narvar is in the midst of an exciting growth phase and is actively seeking a dynamic Director of Machine Learning to spearhead and shape the machine learning endeavors at Narvar. In this pivotal role, you will have the unique opportunity to cultivate and lead a high-performance team of Machine Learning Engineers, steering the development of cutting-edge products and advancing the Narvar platform. As a key influencer, you will contribute to the seamless integration of data-driven solutions, impacting not only the company but also our business partners and end users.
Leadership and Strategy:
- Lead machine learning initiatives, defining the strategic direction and vision for the team.
- Build, mentor, and manage a dynamic team of Machine Learning Engineers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align machine learning goals with overall business objectives.
- Oversee the design and deployment of machine learning algorithms across diverse use cases, including e-commerce, consumer trends, markets, logistics, and new products.
- Work hands-on with real-world consumer data, encompassing natural language processing, image classification, time series analysis, outlier detection, and user modeling.
- Navigate large unstructured datasets with proficiency.
Impact and Innovation:
- Operate at the intersection of mathematics, machine learning, business, and computer science, influencing millions of users through innovative work.
- Amplify the effect of the machine learning and data team members by constructing frameworks, tools, and methodologies adopted by the entire team.
- Strong machine learning skills.
- Fluency in Python, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Pandas, numpy, and other machine learning packages.
- Data engineering skills and substantial experience with large datasets (TB) in a production setting, including the development of world-class data pipelines using cutting-edge tools (e.g., Spark).
- 5+ years of hands-on experience deploying models to production, working on a variety of problem spaces (e.g., user modeling, spam classification, prediction, clustering).
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Science (physical or social), Engineering, or a similar quantitative and computational field, coupled with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Strong software engineering and coding skills, with the ability to produce high-quality, production-ready code.
- Strong understanding of probability & statistics, machine learning, and algorithms.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, Linux, and shell scripting.
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred.
- Experience implementing applications on Google Cloud Platform.
- Familiarity with deep generative models or graph learning is a plus.
- Tag your application with your solution to an active or recently concluded Kaggle competition for a competitive edge in the selection process.
- Experience leading a team of data and data scientists; Strong ability to multiply the effect of the team and the team members; excellent written communication; self-starter that can balance sophistication with practicality.
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike, and 1300+ + other brands. With hubs in San Francisco, Atlanta, London, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 10+ billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.