Senior Security Engineer, Security Operations
At Ocrolus, we believe companies work best when they focus on their core business and let automation do the rest. We’re powering the digital lending ecosystem and help financial services firms make high-quality decisions with trusted data and unparalleled efficiency.
Ocrolus’ Human-in-the-Loop document automation software analyzes documents with over 99% accuracy. We're replacing legacy OCR vendors that cap out at 75-80% accuracy, and augmenting the robotic work that humans are prone to doing all too often – which can be expensive, error-prone, and slow. By empowering lenders to analyze diverse sources of financial data more efficiently, Ocrolus levels the playing field for every borrower, providing expanded access to credit at a lower cost.
We’ve raised over $100 million from blue-chip investors and are working with customers like PayPal, Brex, SoFi, Blend and Plaid. Join us as we build the future of fintech, and make an impact at an award-winning, high-growth startup that Forbes recently dubbed the “Next Billion-Dollar Startup”.
Ocrolus is a fast-growing financial technology organization with many emerging security threats and we are building a world-class security program to keep Ocrolus and our customer’s data secure. We are looking for a diverse set of security practitioners to help us design, build, and scale security at Ocrolus. We value critical thinking, creativity, data-driven and intelligence-driven approaches, and offensive experience. We believe security is a collaborative and open process, where security is a partner to help achieve business goals securely. We believe in saying “yes, and” instead of “no” when recommending security objectives. We don’t believe in using fear or penalty for enforcement of security policies and processes, and we will always provide evidence and justification for security controls.
- Run Ocrolus’ security operations program.
- Build and manage technology and processes that enable log management, threat detection, incident response and recovery, automation and orchestration, and threat hunting.
- Own our threat detection and incident response program, including investigation procedure, response and recovery playbooks, and automation.
- Triage and investigate security alerts and perform and manage security investigations.
- Identify the relevant telemetry and build and manage the technology that enables our threat hunting program.
- Design, build, and test detections and alerts that will increase the efficacy of our security program.
- Own our threat intelligence program, including collection, analysis, and dissemination of threat intelligence to the security team and the entire organization.
- Perform threat hunting, threat intelligence analysis, breach readiness, and red team exercises.
- Perform and manage tabletop breach readiness and red team exercises.
- Provide clear and detailed documentation for detections, investigations, and hunts.
- Build relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Help build a collaborative and enlightening world-class security team at Ocrolus.
- Spread security culture throughout the organization.
- Experience conducting and managing security investigations.
- Experience running, growing, or scaling a security operations or threat detection and response program.
- Experience engineering and building threat detections, incident response and recovery runbooks, automation and orchestration, and threat hunting.
- Deep knowledge of technology and processes used in security operations.
- Ability to explain basic security, engineering, networking, and cloud concepts.
- Great communication, prioritization, and project management skills
We take pride in our dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we welcome every individual, provide them with equal opportunity irrespective of their race, gender, gender identity, age, disability, national origin or any other legally protected rights that one has.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Something looks off?