3D Printing Technician
Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world's leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.
About the Role
We are looking for a 3D Printing Technician to join our rapidly growing venture-backed company. The 3D Printing Technician will operate as part of a team of 5+ 3D Printing technicians in a state of the art and digital-only facility in Salt Lake City, Utah. You will be responsible for operating and maintaining equipment to ensure that orders are fabricated at the highest quality standards per customer deadlines. If you’re looking to disrupt the dental lab industry status quo and contribute to building and scaling a “Gold Standard 3D Printing Department” per aggressive growth targets, this is the right place for you! We don’t just want to offer you a job, we want to help you build a career by providing you with future opportunities for growth.
What You'll Do:
● Operate Quickly: Directly operate and maintain multiple 3D printing machines, from printing to washing and curing, to fabricate 3D printed dental products (e.g., models, night guards, dentures) in a fast-paced environment
● Drive Improvements: Serve as the go-to individual with firsthand insights on workflow, equipment, and capacity improvement opportunities to help drive high quality products
● Problem Solve: Roll up your sleeves to quickly troubleshoot and solve process, equipment and/or technology issues as you operate within a large scale and fast paced dental lab
● Quality Adherence: Uphold strict manufacturing quality standards (e.g., equipment maintenance and repair) and lead by example. High quality is key to efficient scalability!
● Collaborate: Work with other team members to identify and quickly address bottlenecks
What We're Looking For:
● High school diploma or GED equivalent
● 0-2+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment
● Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
● Passion for tackling problems and breaking them down into smaller manageable steps
● High level of comfort with digital tools and technology
● Very high attention to detail and organizational skills
● Team player attitude and willingness to help others to help the team exceed expectations
● Strong ability to maintain a clean work area and keep equipment, tools, and supplies clean to avoid contamination with foreign material
● Strong self-motivation, self-direction, and ability to prioritize
● Natural curiosity and ability to learn new concepts, tools, and workflows quickly
● Excellent communication and listening skills
You’ll Really Stand Out If:
● Worked in a dental lab, specifically in a 3D printing department
● Familiar with Carbon printers
● Outstanding professional references to share
● Relentlessly positive attitude, strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work
In addition, Dandy offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits including healthcare, dental, parental planning, mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, citizenship or immigration status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?