Global Compliance Ops Associate
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Our goal is to help brands reach their global potential by building the #1 international eCommerce enablement solution for DTC brands.
Hundreds of the world’s top direct-to-consumer brands like iHerb, Tommy John, Native, Ritual, Seed.com, and more trust Passport to enable their international eCommerce channel. With an expansive network, an in-house team of logistics and eCommerce experts, and an easily deployed customer experience platform, Passport is the partner that growth-focused brands trust to expand their business internationally.
About you and the role:
For eCommerce merchants looking to reach new consumers in new markets, international shipping can be a convoluted, rapidly-changing landscape. The Global Compliance Associate-Ops will help Brands reach new customers in new markets by supporting Passport’s Trade, Tax, and Product Compliance service offerings. In particular, you will focus on HS Classification, Customs Data Review, Product research and ensuring quality Customs data from end to end.
What you'll do:
- HTS Classification (Product catalogs, Shopify, Internal requests)
- Customs data integrity projects (Review of descriptions, HS codes, COO)
- Product Reviews (Ingredient lists, Country Prohibitions/Restrictions)
- Brand reviews to ensure a seamless Customs experience
- Serve as a go-to resource for Customs regulations
- Build relationships with key customer stakeholders
- Work closely with 3PL partners (fulfillment centers) to ensure a seamless experience for shared customers
- Collaborate on scaling internal processes and workflows for successful customer engagement and management, and work cross-functionally within Passport to deploy them
- Become an expert on the Passport product, while keeping up with industry trends and news
You have many of the following:
- Full Professional Proficient English written and verbal skills
- Working Hours: 9AM - 5PM MT time, Sunday through Thursday
- Occasional work during US or Latam holidays may be required
- 3+ years work experience with HTS classification
- 3+ years of International Logistics experience
- Ability to navigate & interpret Customs Regulations
- Understanding of Duty/Taxes, COO & Free Trade Agreements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to take on any task big or small
- Self-motivating team player who can work cross-functionally and multi-task
- Resourceful - you might not have all the answers, but you know how to find them or who to ask for help
- Creative problem solving skills that you want to apply in an ever-evolving environment
- Ability to understand and communicate complex problems clearly and concisely to different internal and external audiences (Executives, Marketers, Engineers, Sales People, ICs)
- This position is open for Latin America
What you'll get...
- Competitive cash and equity packages
- Travel & Expenses funds for company events
- 100% remote work environment #LI-Remote
- Paid Time Off
- Themed happy hours - bring on the Zoom comedians, pop-a-shot contests, and sip ’n paints!
- Quarterly team (virtual) gatherings and annual team offsites
- Learning & Development Fund for upskilling or products to improve your day-to-day work life
- Teammates around the world in 8 different time zones!