Senior Data Analyst
Do you thrive in a fast-paced startup style environment? Do you enjoy working on a small team delivering rock-solid functionality and performance? We are looking for data analysts, and if that description resonates with you, you could be an excellent fit!
You’ll work with a large variety of data sources to look for trends and lead the charge in keeping us a data-driven company. You should have experience as a data analyst, and not be afraid of large, unstructured data sets. You should be highly analytic with a strong background in mathematics and statistics. Experience with machine-learning and research is also a plus.
Your work will impact the way rewards points are maximized, and help people travel better.
What You'll Do
- Identify areas for process improvement and organize and execute efforts to improve efficiency and accuracy of said processes
- Lead the effort to standardize and manage Google Analytics tags, triggers, and variables
- Orchestrate exploratory data analysis to proactively identify areas for product improvement
- Translate findings into actionable insights for pertinent stakeholders and lead the company in data-driven decision-making
- Develop robust data collection systems and close data loops
- Oversee the maintenance and improvement of Amazon QuickSight dashboards
- Design and perform hypothesis and A/B tests to measure effectiveness of new features and marketing campaigns
- Design and execute experiments to measure the efficacy of product releases
Who You Are
- An experienced Data Analyst, with at least four (4) years of proven professional experience, including:
- Well-versed in automating processes with Python
- Working with Google Analytics and Amazon QuickSight
- Database management experience
- Practical experience performing statistical analysis via hypothesis testing and A/B testing
- A college graduate with a Bachelor's (or equivalent) degree in math, computer science, statistics, or another data-related major from an accredited college or university
- A communicative person that values building strong relationships and even stronger teams
- Detail-oriented and well organized, able to explain complex topics in a clear way
- Self-driven, but able to work closely with a small team and a diverse set of responsibilities
- Experience with plpgsql and triggers, and AWS (S3 & Sagemaker) a plus, but not required
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Amazon QuickSight
- AWS s3
Here at point.me we’re devoted to bringing simplicity and clarity to a system that is intentionally opaque. And unlike traditional travel agencies, or even online booking services like Orbitz, Kayak, & Google, we don’t take a fee or commission from the airlines when someone books a flight.
Instead, point.me is on the side of our customers — we work directly for them! We’re an ally that uses our expertise and technology to ensure people travel better, and are never taken advantage of.
Our proprietary algorithm crawls the many hidden corners of the Internet, including those hard-to-search airline award websites to discover the clearest path to maximizing the value of loyalty and credit card points.
Benefits & perks
Join our growing team! Here at point.me we believe in taking care of our team, so that our team can take care of our customers. All employees are offered the following:
- Competitive salaries and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive health care coverage
- A 100% distributed workforce, so you can contribute from wherever you prefer
- An open vacation policy, with a minimum of 15 days off each year
- Team trips and outings
Given the nature of our business, we anticipate that all team members will be traveling from time to time, including company trips and off-sites, or meeting with strategic partners. As such, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment at point.me. We’ll ask you to send us a copy of your vaccination card in advance of your first day.
We are hiring multiple candidates under this listing, ranging from Developing to Career-level Analysts. The anticipated salary range is $105,000 - $130,000; specific compensation will be determined based on your level of experience.
All candidates must be able to be employed in the United States, regardless of ultimate work location.
We respect the individual needs of employees and are an equal opportunity employer.