Calibrate’s mission is to change the way the world treats weight. We’re defining a new category in metabolic health that mirrors what the research shows—that weight reflects our biology, not our willpower. Our program was designed by world leaders in obesity and nutrition science to improve metabolic health and drive long-term weight loss that’s impactful, realistic, and sustainable. Obesity is America’s underlying pandemic and largest category of chronic disease, and Calibrate is closing the gap in care for 175mm adults in a $600bn market where we spend millions of dollars each year and do not lose millions of pounds.
To bring Calibrate to everyone who needs it, we’re building the first telemedicine business within the healthcare ecosystem, aligning incentives for consumers, doctors, insurers, and pharmaceutical companies. We’ve built a proprietary Vertical Pharmacy Engine to connect our members to the most efficient path to insurance coverage, paving the way for a new model of chronic disease care. Calibrate’s first product, the One-Year Metabolic Reset, brings decades of clinical research directly to consumers through a virtual program combining FDA-approved prescription medication with intensive lifestyle intervention. The 52-week structured program includes biweekly 1:1 video coaching and curriculum that spans classes, recipes, workouts, and more. A purpose-built app enables daily tracking of food, energy level, weight, and bi-weekly goals and helps members interact with their Coaching and Medical teams, while a members’ group and events calendar create additional opportunities to tap into the Calibrate community.
Calibrate’s recently launched Masters Program keeps members engaged and supported in their metabolic health beyond their first year with the same evidence-based approach that defines Calibrate’s One-Year Metabolic Reset, at a lower cost. The result is a program that sustains and builds on members’ results with improved whole-body health that enables them to embrace a new day-to-day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Calibrate is looking for a Senior Analyst who has experience working with Client Success teams and is excited to be at the forefront of Calibrate’s B2B2C strategy. In this role, you’ll lead analytics for all enterprise initiatives and be responsible for empowering the Commercial team with advanced, ever-evolving analytics and data visualizations to support acquisition, onboarding, monitoring, invoicing, and reporting for both internal and external teams. You will also be responsible for maintaining and improving Calibrate’s existing B2C reporting infrastructure.
This will include standing up and maintaining and refining business review reporting, invoice generation and streamlining, data wrangling from internal or external systems, and more. In this role, you’ll report into Calibrate’s Head of Data and work hand-in-hand with Calibrate’s Head of Implementation and Client Success and Commercial team to define the analytics roadmap.
- Stand up, refine, and monitor daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting needs for the Commercial team.
- Maintain existing growth reporting.
- Understand and contextualize the business-as-usual range for metrics, building the anomaly detection for unexpected divergence.
- Partner with the business teams to either build dashboards or empower business users to self-serve using our Looker ecosystem.
- Stand up proper tracking for all new clients.
- Foster a deep understanding of the user journey to devise opportunities for reporting investment.
- Pull together ad-hoc analyses both proactively, and upon request, based on key hypotheses to evaluate against client expectations.
- Build and evolve data visualizations that will improve visibility into high-leverage opportunities.
- Help implement and refine lead scoring to prioritize outreach efforts.
- Own the Commercial analytics roadmap and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Develop and own the process for Commercial analytics requests.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong SQL proficiency, particularly around building extensible, robust, and clean data models.
- Some experience with an analytical scripting language, such as Python or R, preferred
- 3-5 years experience in an analyst position, preferably working with marketing teams
- Experience contributing to building reporting, charts, data visualizations with Business Intelligence Tools (ex. Mode Analytics, Looker, Tableau); experience integrating these tools end-to-end with data infrastructure is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, as well as translate operational questions into comprehensive queries and data reports.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally and manage stakeholder relationships amongst different departments.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
At Calibrate, we’re committed to our vision of putting our members and our teammates in control of their health. Some of our benefits for 2023 include:
- Competitive salary with opportunity for equity in an early stage, high growth business
- Generous paid time off, including an all-company holiday over Thanksgiving week
- Calibrate-funded health benefits (medical, dental, vision) - starting at zero cost to you
- Calibrate-paid disability and basic life insurance to give you peace of mind during unforeseen events
- Fertility, gynecology, and wellness support through Carrot Fertility
- Therapy on your time with free access to Headspace and Ginger
- An employee assistance program through Guardian to provide counseling across a range of personal topics
- Remote team with a headquarters in NYC
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave for parents
We’re in it together: We have an audacious mission, and we’re building a lot of things for the first time — from the first DTC pharma business within the healthcare ecosystem to the data infrastructure for providing real-world evidence in the largest category of chronic disease. It takes superpowers to build something simple and intuitive within the complex healthcare market, so we identify and work as a team from our individual points of strength. Not everyone has to be good at everything, but we know that when we harness what we’re each great at, we’re unstoppable.
Small wins create big wins: We ground every experience in optimism, recognizing and celebrating successes along the way. We break projects down into smaller components. And we focus on where we have momentum. We always plan for larger goals with the knowledge that our plans will evolve as we achieve smaller milestones.
You’re in control: While we’re headquartered in New York, we don’t let location stand in the way of the best talent — and from coaches to engineers, many of us are fully remote. Our business is multi-faceted, so each Calibrater is hired to be an expert in their piece of it — in control of their own initiatives, in control of their own impact, and in control of driving their own (real) results.
Real results matter: We’re obsessed with outcomes because when our members win, we win, and the data proves that we’ve built the best metabolic health program on the market. We’re purposeful, optimistic, and relentlessly confident that we can solve the biggest medical issue of the 21st century.
Calibrate is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members. To achieve our mission of changing the way the world treats weight, we are building an environment where every Calibrater can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do the best work of their careers. We value diversity and recruit, hire, and promote individuals solely based on talent, qualifications, competence, and merit. We evaluate candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics as required by law and as a matter of our company values.