Director, Strategic Partnerships
Calibrate’s mission is to change the way the world treats weight. We’re defining a new category in metabolic health that mirrors what the research shows—that weight reflects our biology, not our willpower. Our program was designed by world leaders in obesity and nutrition science to improve metabolic health and drive long-term weight loss that’s impactful, realistic, and sustainable. Obesity is America’s underlying pandemic and largest category of chronic disease, and Calibrate is closing the gap in care for 175mm adults in a $600bn market where we spend millions of dollars each year and do not lose millions of pounds.
To bring Calibrate to everyone who needs it, we’re building the first telemedicine business within the healthcare ecosystem, aligning incentives for consumers, doctors, insurers, and pharmaceutical companies. We’ve built a proprietary Vertical Pharmacy Engine to connect our members to the most efficient path to insurance coverage, paving the way for a new model of chronic disease care. Calibrate’s first product, the One-Year Metabolic Reset, brings decades of clinical research directly to consumers through a virtual program combining FDA-approved prescription medication with intensive lifestyle intervention. The 52-week structured program includes biweekly 1:1 video coaching and curriculum that spans classes, recipes, workouts, and more. A purpose-built app enables daily tracking of food, energy level, weight, and bi-weekly goals and helps members interact with their Coaching and Medical teams, while a members’ group and events calendar create additional opportunities to tap into the Calibrate community.
Calibrate’s recently launched Masters Program keeps members engaged and supported in their metabolic health beyond their first year with the same evidence-based approach that defines Calibrate’s One-Year Metabolic Reset, at a lower cost. The result is a program that sustains and builds on members’ results with improved whole-body health that enables them to embrace a new day-to-day.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for driving Calibrate membership growth by improving win rate through expanding and forming relationships with designated strategic reseller partners. In this role, you will educate these industry influencers on the Calibrate solutions, including our value drivers and market differentiators. The ideal candidate has direct experience working for or with PBMs or Health Plans and experience working with digital health companies. This individual will take on the responsibility of deepening relationships within existing partnerships as well as developing net new partnerships within the industry.
- Develop and execute against partnership (channel) growth strategy
- Effectively execute trainings (internal and external) that enable an effective channel selling strategy with assigned national partner
- Identify and secure expansions across lines of business and verticals associated with assigned national partner
- Work closely with Customer success and Implementation teams to help lead effective selling and implementation strategies
- Coordinate with assigned partnership on payer pipeline and growth strategies
- Serve as primary client-facing representative for key early partners and payer clients
- Form strong relationships with assigned partnership account management & product teams
- Track and analyze the sales funnel, including development of key pipeline and activity metrics
- Collaborate with the legal team and Calibrate leadership on contract negotiations
- Drive opportunities from initial conversation through close
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with Growth / Brand Marketing, Operations, Clinical and Tech teams to execute against a strategy that bolsters the core Calibrate business
- Develop trusted relationships with teams within early partners to understand key metrics and areas of improvement, to inform product development and partnership strategy iteration
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of experience as a partnerships director, PBM or Health Plan sales or account executive, or in roles working closely with point solutions in the healthcare industry
- Strong network of relationships across the healthcare ecosystem
- Proven track record of developing and fostering relationships with complex and strategic accounts
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales targets and success metrics
- Experience negotiating and executing complex commercial partnership agreements
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience persuading senior decision makers
- Energized by working cross functionally in a fast-paced environment with a bias for action
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced business/professional/health degree preferred)
At Calibrate, we’re committed to our vision of putting our members and our teammates in control of their health. Some of our benefits for 2023 include:
- Competitive salary with opportunity for equity in an early stage, high growth business
- Generous paid time off, including an all-company holiday over Thanksgiving week
- Calibrate-funded health benefits (medical, dental, vision) - starting at zero cost to you
- Calibrate-paid disability and basic life insurance to give you peace of mind during unforeseen events
- Therapy on your time with free access to Headspace and Ginger
- An employee assistance program through Guardian to provide counseling across a range of personal topics
- Remote team with a headquarters in NYC
- Competitive Paid Parental Leave for parents
We’re in it together: We have an audacious mission, and we’re building a lot of things for the first time — from the first DTC pharma business within the healthcare ecosystem to the data infrastructure for providing real-world evidence in the largest category of chronic disease. It takes superpowers to build something simple and intuitive within the complex healthcare market, so we identify and work as a team from our individual points of strength. Not everyone has to be good at everything, but we know that when we harness what we’re each great at, we’re unstoppable.
Small wins create big wins: We ground every experience in optimism, recognizing and celebrating successes along the way. We break projects down into smaller components. And we focus on where we have momentum. We always plan for larger goals with the knowledge that our plans will evolve as we achieve smaller milestones.
You’re in control: While we’re headquartered in New York, we don’t let location stand in the way of the best talent — and from coaches to engineers, many of us are fully remote. Our business is multi-faceted, so each Calibrater is hired to be an expert in their piece of it — in control of their own initiatives, in control of their own impact, and in control of driving their own (real) results.
Real results matter: We’re obsessed with outcomes because when our members win, we win, and the data proves that we’ve built the best metabolic health program on the market. We’re purposeful, optimistic, and relentlessly confident that we can solve the biggest medical issue of the 21st century.
Calibrate is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members. To achieve our mission of changing the way the world treats weight, we are building an environment where every Calibrater can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do the best work of their careers. We value diversity and recruit, hire, and promote individuals solely based on talent, qualifications, competence, and merit. We evaluate candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics as required by law and as a matter of our company values.