Director - GTM Operations
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Who We Are
Relay is a delivery and logistics company that connects couriers to restaurants, on-demand. Our technology platform matches businesses with pending orders with available couriers, facilitating efficient delivery for customers, and superior service for our partners.
We are based in NYC and currently operate in NYC, NJ, Philadelphia and Washington DC. We fulfill millions of deliveries a year using our distributed network of couriers. Additionally, our software provides a unified management system for orders across all delivery platforms and a scalable courier force to ensure on-time delivery no matter the circumstance.
About the Role
The Director of GTM Operations at Relay will own many of the day-to-day operations of the business including: Sales, Implementations, Account Management, Operations and supporting functions to drive a repeatable, scalable & accretive GTM motion for Relay.
This role will be an integral member of our leadership team, partnering cross-functionally to help determine strategy, implement performance metrics / OKRs and influence alignment of all revenue operations. You will be reporting directly to the CEO in this intersectional role, driving revenue effectiveness by establishing measurable processes to improve sales efficiency and determine growth goals in addition to driving GTM performance, produce actionable reporting and analysis while documenting and building strong relationships across the leadership team to influence decision making.
This is a hybrid role - this person is expected to be in the office at least 2 times a week and must be located in NYC.
What You'll Do
- Reach across the aisle to work cross functionally with ops in order to support AM / Sales / Implementations to focus on revenue driving activities and push retention onus to ops / tech
- Partner with leadership to contribute to higher level company and product strategy, serving as the SME for the commercial side of the business
- Set and champion OKRs for the commercial teams (Sales, Operations, Account Management, Implementations, Partnerships, Launch), including leading and running WBRs
- Strong ability to develop, refine, and ensure frameworks, processes, and policies related to Sales Led revenue growth are adhered to while holding members strictly accountable
- Work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional leaders and departments to support the complex operational components of the business
- Ensure customer success teams are executing effectively to maximize retention, up-sell and cross-sell opportunities while unlocking adoption & engagement at scale
- Build strategy and thoughtful execution plan to scale go-to market operations in new markets
- Test and commercialize new revenue products for Relay’s next phase of growth
Who You Are
- We’re looking for someone that’s a player-coach who loves data, building agile & scrappy teams with growth mindsets and importantly, always sees the bigger picture for what’s best for Relay
- The ideal candidate has experience creating, shaping, and leading GTM organizations that have won markets through building repeatable, data informed systems that scale in close partnership with Sales, Account Management, Implementations, BizOps, and Operations.
- Partner with Leadership to evaluate and improve our existing sales plan, including sales compensation plans, sales quotas, team sizing and territories.
- Leads with data and understands how interdependencies resonate through any large product launches
What You Have
- 6-8+ years of sales/business operations or revenue operations experience in a high-growth logistics SaaS environment
- 3+ years managing distributed teams
- Well-organized, strong communication skills and ability to manage and influence direct and indirect reports with high motivation for continuous improvement and ability to drive impact.
- Strong analytical reporting experiences and capability (Excel, SQL)
- Financial analysis or reporting fluency a major plus
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives leveraging standard SaaS sales metrics and benchmarking (and the ability to champion that at Relay!)
What We Offer
- 💸 Competitive base compensation
- ✈️ Unlimited vacation that we encourage you to take
- 🩹 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 🖥️ All new laptops and IT equipment
- 📈 Compelling employee equity packages plus life insurance and a 401k plan with company matching
We want you to love the work that you do, the team that you’re working with, the environment that you’re working in. It is often hard to tell from a job description what working at a company is like, but some reasons why Relay may not be a good fit for you
- Our mission of helping restaurants and the last mile delivery space does not resonate with you
- You desire a consistent 9-5 job
- You prefer highly structured, well-defined environments
- You’re uncomfortable with ambiguity or “being the first” in figuring something out
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Relay is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.