Senior Software Engineer, Restaurant Engineering
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfil this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Develop, maintain and improve web services for both internal and restaurant facing applications using the latest technologies and design patterns available.
In the Restaurant platform engineering squad you will focus on building, improving and maintaining backend services that support various client applications. You will collaborate with multiple other Engineers on the team and also with Product Managers while focusing on building products based on a roadmap. You will also be working on projects that may not be tied to a Product or Feature directly but are important in improving the performances of the applications and put us in a better position in the long run. Python will be the primary programming language you’ll be working with, potentially touching on Ruby or Golang on occasion too.
The Restaurant team is home to a group of world class engineers and engineering leaders from around the globe. They are a hugely collaborative team and partner daily with engineers from other squads, Product Managers, Designers, and Data Scientists to execute on objectives and implement best practices while delivering for our amazing shop owners! You will also have the opportunity to mentor other engineers on the team.
The Winning Recipe
We’re looking for creative, entrepreneurial engineers who are excited to build world-class products for small business counters. These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- 5+ years experience building commercial software in a modern programming language. Python is heavily preferred, but Ruby or Golang knowledge with a willingness to learn Python can also be considered
- Thorough understanding of and experience working with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, end to end testing and functional testing
- Comfortable in Linux/Unix-like environments, CI/CD pipeline for development and deployments, monitoring applications and AWS
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Flexible PTO
- Market leading medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401K matching up to 4%
- $250 yearly employee wellbeing allowance
- Hybrid office + remote working schedule!
- Weekly pizza stipend (Yes, that’s a thing!)
Salary Range: $135,000 to $170,000 annually, with equity & benefits.
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience and other job-related factors.
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 1-3 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting
- 30 minute hiring manager meeting
- Pairing Interview & Technical Interview
Pizza brings people together. Slice is no different. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?