Account Executive, Outside Sales
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfill this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Empower local business owners with an incredible in-store ordering experience that offers industry leading pricing and streamlines business operations.
As an Account Executive, Outside Sales, you will be responsible for building relationships with pizzeria owners in your territory, and partnering with them to join Slice and ideally adopt multiple Slice products and services. You will own the entire sales cycle from cold outreach, to pitch, to close. The sales cycle can take anyone from just one phone call or shop visit to a few weeks. You will primarily be traveling around your territory meeting with owners in person, while also spending time on the phone scheduling appointments and increasing touchpoints with owners. This is a high-velocity sales role, with lots of daily touch-points to different shops to hit weekly targets and monthly goals.
Your day-to-day will include managing a pipeline of prospective Slice shops (pizzeria leads) by meeting with them in person and connecting with them over the phone. The Outside Sales team serves as the face of Slice in educating pizzeria owners about best practices and the value of partnering with Slice on our full suite of products to grow their business. Additionally, you will collaborate with the Inside Sales team to share best practices and provide feedback on the Slice Register and other programs by gathering insights, learnings, and requests from restaurants.The role will report to one of the US Sales Managers and work in collaboration with the Head of Global Sales.
The Winning Recipe
We’re looking for a confident, entrepreneurial Salesperson who is excited to close new business consistently above quota. These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- 2-5 years of selling experience (SMB and/or restaurant-tech industry is a plus, but not required)
- Strong track record of being a top performer, consistently hitting and exceeding goals
- Excellent organizational abilities, relationship building skills, and a passion for managing the details
- Thrives in an ever-changing startup environment and is willing to contribute wherever necessary as plans and priorities change
- Excellent communication skills; effectively leads pitches and presentations and is comfortable both on the phone and in-market.
- Ability to problem-solve and cater pitches to address owner pain points in real time
- Self-motivated, go-getter, and glass-half-full mindset every day
- Coachable, adaptable, internally motivated, and resilient
- A hustler who is goal-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about tech innovation and bridging technology gaps by educating pizzeria owners
- A valid driver's license and vehicle for travel
- Most importantly, you are excited about selling Slice every day!
- Salesforce experience is ideal, not required
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Flexible PTO
- Market leading medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401K matching up to 4%
- Monthly wellness reimbursement/stipend
- Weekly pizza stipend (Yes, that’s a thing!)
Salary Range: $120k OTE + benefits.
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 1-2 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting with recruiter
- 2 30 min meetings with Sales Manager and Head of Sales
- 45 min panel presentation and mock pitch
Pizza brings people together. Slice is no different. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?