iOS Engineer, Consumer Engineering
iOS Engineer, Consumer Engineering
Belfast or UK Remote
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfil this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Build great consumer iOS app-experiences as part of a collaborative, cross-discipline squad, getting involved in all stages of the app development lifecycle - from scoping new features to launching and beyond.
As a member of one of our Consumer Product Engineering squads you’ll build and improve experiences in our iOS Consumer app that help hungry pizza buying customers order the food they love from their local pizzerias.
You’ll be involved in scoping new features, building them, and rolling them out in a safe and observable way, working with our data team to gain insights into how customers use our app, and apply these learnings to what we build next.
You’ll also be a good citizen of the iOS discipline and codebase, looking for opportunities to leave things better than you found them, and working with the wider iOS team to define and adopt best practices.
Day-to-day you’ll work in a team of mobile, backend and QA engineers, along with a lead engineer, product owner and a designer. You will also collaborate with data, customer support and others across Slice. Our teams are a blend of co-located and remote Slicers, in locations including the US, South America, the UK and eastern Europe.
The Winning Recipe
We’re looking for creative, entrepreneurial engineers who are excited to build world-class products for small business counters. These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- At least 2 years experience building iOS mobile applications
- Solid knowledge of Swift, with interest or experience with various mobile patterns e.g. reactive programming, unit testing, MVVM, SwiftUI
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills
- A positive approach to your work, and treating others well
- Able to clearly express your opinions on product and software design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of your peers
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Access to medical, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible working hours
- Generous time off policies
- £200 per annum employee wellbeing allowance
- Market leading maternity and paternity schemes
- Discounts for local pizzerias (of course)
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 1-3 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting
- 30 minute hiring manager meeting
- Pairing Interview & Technical Interview
- CTO meeting
Pizza brings people together. Slice is no different. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.