Director of Revenue
Smartrr is the leading next generation subscription app built to maximize LTV for Shopify brands. Built with the end customer in mind, Smartrr increases brand engagement and LTV with a variety of out of the box subscription models, a beautifully branded subscriber account experience, loyalty rewards, referrals, member-only benefits, advanced subscription analytics and more. We are looking for major ‘value add’ candidates that thrive in a high paced ‘scale-up’ environment and are willing to step up to the challenge and build something truly special in the ecommerce space with us!
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Revenue would lead our growing Sales and CS organization, mentoring existing sellers and CSMs while hiring and developing new talent as our growth continues to accelerate. With product-market fit, strong year-over-year and month-over-month revenue growth, and a huge market opportunity, this role presents a savvy revenue leader with an opportunity to get in early on an incredible growth machine.
- Meeting or exceeding sales quotas and revenue goals
- Coaching, mentorship and development of all sales and CS staff
- Hiring talented sales professionals (SDRs, ISRs, AEs, CSMs) and building a world-class team
- Accountability for Sales and CS processes and efficiency
- Being the external face of Smartrr, representing our company and our brand with integrity, passion and commitment
- Advocating internally as the voice of our customers and prospects, helping identify market opportunities, pain points and competitive advantage
- Nurturing a performance culture with strong accountability to goals
- Delivering strong revenue retention via growth and upsell across our existing client base
- Managing inbound sales qualification, follow-up and closing and outbound sales targeting, outreach and qualification
- Hands-on leadership, including direct selling support for complex deals or big opportunities
- 6-10 years of revenue-driving experience preferred (ideally in software/SaaS)
- Demonstrated P&L ownership and accountability
- Exceptional leadership skills and commitment to team success
- Proven track record of building high-performing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- Proficiency in influencing, presenting effective business proposals and guiding decision-making
- Tenacity and determination to overcome objections, learn from setbacks and achieve goals in a competitive environment
- Based in the NYC area
- Bonus: previous experience selling/managing in e-commerce enablement or the Shopify ecosystem.
- Competitive OTE ($200-400K depending on seniority)
- Generous equity package (leadership stake in a fast-growing Series A startup)
- Medical, Vision and Dental health plans
- Commuter benefits
- Perks: Matched 401k, One Medical membership, team outings, and more!