Food Safety Coordinator
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 21, 2022
The Food Safety Coordinator will be responsible and accountable for ensuring compliance with audits and the effective management of related regulatory paperwork.
- Manage Spindrift quality and regulatory documentation: to include managing Spindrift’s Safefood360 portal, collecting, compiling, and/or approving audit information from suppliers and co-packers;
- Maintaining documentation as it relates to Spindrift Spiked production; working alongside innovation, manufacturing, legal, and finance to ensure all regulatory documentation needs are filed, retained, and submitted accordingly.
- Review and update 3rd party certifications as required; to include addition of new flavors and raw materials to certificates/schedules, updating renewal applications yearly as required, corresponding to certifiers with required documentation.
- Oversee and manage documentation shared in vendor portals; this includes controlling documentation shared in GORP, FoodLogic, Repositrak, 1WS, Starbucks, Walmart, Costco, and others.
- Management of manufacturing production documentation to include but not limited to incoming raw material COAs, batch sheets, specification sheets, and production holds for all co-packers and/or warehouses
- Assist with management of consumer complaint data by reviewing raw data and trends in DOMO, building reports and summarizing data as needed.
- Act as the primary backup for the Spindrift sensory program by leading sensory panels in instances where the Sensory Coordinator is out of office
- Assist Sensory Coordinator with maintenance of the Product Retain Library when needed.
- Assist with innovation initiatives; to include but not limited to bench blend preparations and packaging reviews.
- Assists with mock recalls internally and with suppliers/co-packers.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of food safety experience, with experience in HACCP, GMP, USDA, or FDA preferred.
- Previous experience with SQF, ISO, GFCO, and/or FDA audits desirable
- Able to work unsupervised and manage independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and consider no task too small nor too large.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgment
- Ability to consistently demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability
- Ability to be detail oriented, flexible, organized, creative, independent enthusiastic, dependable and driven by excellence
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communications with internal and external contacts
- Adjusts tasks and focus in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities
- Available to travel up to 25%
In addition to the salary range for this position ($52,000 - $64,000), Spindrift offers the following compensation and benefits:
- short-term and long-term incentive programs specific to level and department
- medical, dental, and vision insurance, with a current employer contribution rate of 80% towards monthly premiums, regardless of plan type selected
- Company-paid life insurance, and a 401k retirement savings plan
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Annual allowances for personal use of Spindrift product, health and wellness, professional development, and social justice education
- A host of voluntary benefits including but not limited to additional life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, etc.
- In addition to any paid leave benefits required by regulation, the company provides paid parental leave, vacation, sick, personal, bereavement, community service, and holiday time
See more open positions at Spindrift
Something looks off?