Posted on Monday, February 7, 2022
Ternary is seeking a generalist designer, who can wear multiple hats: This means that you will roll up your sleeves and do everything from conducting user interviews and testing to whiteboarding the latest UI/UX to connecting the dots between product design and our business goals.
This role reports to the CPO.
- Are a passionate team of engineers, financial analysts, and product/engineering leaders devoted to building the platform that would have best helped us deal with cost overruns in our past roles.
- Have a founding team with extensive experience leading large software projects; having migrated an entire company from a datacenter to 100% Google Cloud.
- Have raised our initial funding from Operator Partners (Zach Weinberg, Nat Turner), Greycroft, Correlation Ventures, Oceans Ventures, and other angel investors (Auren Hoffman and others)
- Work with the most influential Google Cloud Partners: SADA (Google Cloud Partner of the Year for two years), Cloudbakers, Cloudwerx, Katana1.
- You will be the first Product Designer in the team, so you will play a vital role in how we think about our design decisions and will have the opportunity to help shape our product architecture.
- Deeply understand our customers: You will be immersed in the culture of customer-centricity and will spend lots of time talking, meeting, and learning about our customers. You will be talking with our customers and partners daily to help gain as much insight as possible.
- Managing our existing partnership with a design firm and helping to move that in house. You will be the owner of the design system and own the long term vision for it.
- UX: You will design the easiest and most intuitive user experience to help our customers make sense of complex and sometimes ambiguous data to understand their cloud costs.
- Experiments: You will consistently develop new ideas and hypotheses and then run experiments to test them.
- Lead Design: You will lead our design efforts. We hire you because of your knowledge and expertise, so we look for leadership on how we should set up our Design processes, define which designers to hire, build the Design culture, and much more.
- Experience in data products a plus.
Compensation and benefits:
- Sliding scale of salary to equity - you'd be an early employee that is taking a risk on us; you can decide the level of that risk.
- Company sponsored travel to collaborate with colleagues 2-4 times a year (pursuant to COVID restrictions).
- We provide a PC or Mac laptop, health benefits, unlimited PTO, 401(k), and a generous WFH budget for home office set up.
See more open positions at Ternary
Something looks off?