Software Engineer, Big Data
Posted on Monday, February 7, 2022
Ternary seeks a Big Data Engineer to join our journey to build the best FinOps cost management platform in the market to help engineers, finance analysts and business leaders optimize every dollar spent on cloud computing in their companies.
- Are a passionate team of people who are devoted to building the platform that would have best helped us (engineers, finance analysts, leadership) with cost management in our past positions.
- Have a founding team with deep experience with leading large software projects, having migrated an entire company from a datacenter to 100% Google Cloud.
- Have raised our initial funding from Operator Partners (Zach Weinberg, Nat Turner), Greycroft, Correlation Ventures, Oceans Ventures, and other angel investors (Auren Hoffman and others)
- Work with the most influential Google Cloud Partners: SADA (Google Cloud Partner of the Year for two years), 66degrees, Cloudwerx, Katana1.
- Are an empathetic person and active listener who loves building solutions to help others.
- Have a mentorship and collaborative attitude and are eager to pair with your peers and nontechnical colleagues.
- Are excited to own new initiatives and take them from A to Z.
- Are willing to work in a mostly-remote setting in a Continental USA time zone (from Pacific to Eastern.)
- Have 2 years of professional software experience, or a portfolio with several projects.
- Have experience in data warehouses and query engines, or classic Big Data technologies: BigQuery in particular, Redshift, Athena, Snowflake, Hadoop and/or Spark.
- Have a vision for building a data ecosystem for engineers, analysts and data scientists.
Comp and benefits:
- Sliding scale of salary to equity - you'd be an early employee that is taking a risk on us, you can decide the level of that risk.
- Company sponsored travel to interact with colleagues several times a year.
- We provide a PC or Mac laptop, health benefits, 401(k), and a generous WFH budget for you to set up your home office.
See more open positions at Ternary
Something looks off?