Director, Demand Economics
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2022
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
As a Director in the demand economics team, you will be responsible for owning the development and implementation of pricing and marketing algorithms across the entire portfolio. These systems will be responsible for managing the company's profit and revenue goals.
- Manage margin and ad spend at the portfolio level and help the company make efficient profit trade-offs to meet our business goals
- Report out and monitor the impact each system and system upgrade has on the business
- Play a key role in managing the engineering and data science roadmap for the marketing and pricing systems
- Communicate your vision, roadmap, and priorities to the senior leadership team and drive alignment on desired outcomes
- Act as a valuable thought partner to cross-functional leaders and help shape and influence their business objectives, measures of success, and priorities
- Determine the complexion of resources needed short-term and longer-term to execute on your roadmap across engineering, data science, and analytics
- Build a team of high-performing analysts and thoughtfully divide and allocate the roadmap across them
What You Bring to the Party
- Demonstrated success working with executives at the most senior levels, developing an analytics roadmap, and providing recommendations that direct business strategy and achieve high-impact results
- 10+ years of work experience in a relevant field (in addition to any graduate education)
- Experience in mentoring and developing a team of analysts
- Experience designing and implementing visible, and innovative analytical strategies
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills, and technical abilities along with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, roadblocks, and results
- Experience managing technical cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience with SQL or a structured programming language (aggregate functions, query optimization, stored procedures, Vertica/Hive/Python/Spark, etc.), is a plus
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A hybrid work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities, and our Thrasher Perks program with the opportunity to purchase products at cost
The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
We believe that all employees should be paid fairly and equitably. As of the time of this posting, the expected base annual salary range for this position is $$190,000 to $230,000. (For non-exempt roles, this reflects the expected base annual “salary” as calculated by the base hourly wage multiplied by the expected number of hours worked over a one year period, excluding any overtime and premiums.) The actual base annual salary will be based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience, as well as business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the base annual salary range information set forth above is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed above may reflect that breadth. If offered a position, the actual base annual salary will be contained in your offer letter.
In addition to the base annual salary listed above, this position is eligible for short-term [and long-term] incentive compensation, as well as benefits, which are subject to the applicable plans, policies and definitive documentation regarding such compensation and benefits.
At Thrasio, we are committed to building a great company - a place I want to work at, a place I can build, a place I can belong. Our goal is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that fuels success and growth in the workplace and beyond. We are also committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse team at all levels through fair and unbiased recruitment and hiring practices. Providing diversity-related demographic information during the application process helps us measure our progress towards these goals.