Director of FP&A, Commercial
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Wild Thinkers Welcome
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make existing products better or create new ones to meet customer needs.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us there. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you become a Thrasher, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula or pillow brand we grow, with every kitchen scale we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
Thrasio is seeking an experienced Director FP&A for its Commercial organization. The role serves as the dedicated finance partner for Thrasio’s Chief Commercial Officer and leads the FP&A team that supports the full range of Thasio’s core business operations–Brand Management, Marketing, Inventory Planning, Data Science and more–both in the US and globally.
As a next generation packaged goods company, Thrasio seeks to redefine how eCommerce-born brands are optimized, with best in class tools and a blend of human and algorithmic management. This leader will play a pivotal role in refining and executing the vision for great and systematized financial analysis and planning–from product level all the way to portfolio and full enterprise level views. The role offers an opportunity to learn from seasoned eCommerce leaders; a chance to set the FP&A direction for a large, and multifaceted, eCommerce business; and to use your management and leadership skills to drive financial performance at scale. Reporting to the head of overall FP&A, this is your chance to deliver impact at a company that itself is redefining how eCommerce brands operate.
- Designing and re-imagining all standard analyses, reporting, and finance-based decision support tools
- Financial reporting including monthly reviews with Corporate executive management teams and detailed reviews with divisional leadership teams
- Serving as strategic partner to the Chief Commercial officer. Align strategic initiatives to long range operational plans
- Oversee and perform ad hoc projects for Commercial executives on an as needed basis
- Manage all Commercial budget and forecast processes
- Serve as Finance representative for monthly forecasting and OTB process
What You Bring to the Party:
- 10-15 years of professional Finance experience; with exposure to detailed analytics and forecasting, along with a collaborative approach to decision making
- Public company FP&A experience
- Experience managing the financial planning process across a global company
- Experience supporting E-Commerce and/or Retail businesses (Amazon experience highly valued but not required)
- Modeling creation and expertise in excel required for ongoing ad hoc projects
- 3-5 years of experience managing high performing teams
- Lots of backbone, creativity, ownership, patience and positive outlook
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Thrasio
Something looks off?