Senior Director of FP&A, Commercial
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
Thrasio is seeking an experienced Director FP&A for its Commercial organization. The role serves as the dedicated finance partner for Thrasio’s Chief Commercial Officer and leads the FP&A team that supports the full range of Thasio’s core business operations–Brand Management, Marketing, Inventory Planning, Data Science and more–both in the US and globally.
As a next generation packaged goods company, Thrasio seeks to redefine how eCommerce-born brands are optimized, with best in class tools and a blend of human and algorithmic management. This leader will play a pivotal role in refining and executing the vision for great and systematized financial analysis and planning–from product level all the way to portfolio and full enterprise level views. The role offers an opportunity to learn from seasoned eCommerce leaders; a chance to set the FP&A direction for a large, and multifaceted, eCommerce business; and to use your management and leadership skills to drive financial performance at scale. Reporting to the head of overall FP&A, this is your chance to deliver impact at a company that itself is redefining how eCommerce brands operate.
- Designing and re-imagining all standard analyses, reporting, and finance-based decision support tools
- Financial reporting including monthly reviews with Corporate executive management teams and detailed reviews with divisional leadership teams
- Serving as strategic partner to the Chief Commercial officer. Align strategic initiatives to long range operational plans
- Oversee and perform ad hoc projects for Commercial executives on an as needed basis
- Manage all Commercial budget and forecast processes
- Serve as Finance representative for monthly forecasting and OTB process
What You Bring to the Party:
- 10-15 years of professional Finance experience; with exposure to detailed analytics and forecasting, along with a collaborative approach to decision making
- Public company FP&A experience
- Experience managing the financial planning process across a global company
- Experience supporting E-Commerce and/or Retail businesses (Amazon experience highly valued but not required)
- Modeling creation and expertise in excel required for ongoing ad hoc projects
- 3-5 years of experience managing high performing teams
- Lots of backbone, creativity, ownership, patience and positive outlook
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities, and our Thrasher Perks program with the opportunity to purchase products at cost
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
We believe that all employees should be paid fairly and equitably. The actual base annual salary will be based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience, as well as business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the base annual salary range information set forth above is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed above may reflect that breadth. If offered a position, the actual base annual salary will be contained in your offer letter.
In addition to the base annual salary listed above, this position is eligible for short-term [and long-term] incentive compensation, as well as benefits, which are subject to the applicable plans, policies and definitive documentation regarding such compensation and benefits.